Barcelona Hotel advice

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:41 AM
susan

Barcelona Hotel advice

Can anyone recommend their favorite hotel/area in Barcelona? I would like to pay between $150 - $200 a night.

Thank you in advance!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:49 AM
Jean Valjean

The Passeig de Gracia area in the Eixample is IMO the nicest in Barcelona. The Comtes de Barcelona Hotel is quite good. Other options may be the Claris or the Majestic.

Or, you may try and you might get lucky, you could check the Hotel Arts. It is not as well located but the hotel is just spectacular!

Old Mar 10th, 2003, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we stayed at the claris and absolutely loved it! it's perfectly situated in the eixample area which is the nicest area with the best sightseeing and restaurants (make sure to hit . i would steer clear of las ramblas hotels, but would instead do your obligatory strolling down one afternoon. it's a chic designy 5-star hotel with a fab rooftop pool and great staff. we got a really good rate there in august 2001 ($140/night!), but it was pre-euro so i would imagine it is a bit more now. the arts is really nice, but not in the best location.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM

oops! i meant to type make sure to hit Tragaluz (a couple blocks away) for great spanish food and great ambience.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 04:47 PM

i agree completely with Jean Valjean that the Passeig de Gracia in the Eixample is the very nicest location in Bcn, and I'd also recommend the 2 mentioned hotels there plus the Claris on adjacent Pau Claris.
Depending on your dates, these 3 may run over $200 per night, but always check the hotel web pages plus Expedia, Orbitz, hotelbook.com, placestostay.com and other internet booking sites for specials. The Claris' rates fluctuate sometimes wildly (the desk clerk told me they change "cada dos por tres") depending on the season. Also consider the Claris' little sister in the Derby group, the less expensive Balmes, also in the Eixample, just a quick walk from the tony Passeig de Gracia. And don't forget the very nice 4 star AC Diplomatic, right down the street from the Claris. It also has a rooftop pool.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 04:56 PM
tpl

Loved the Claris as well. I prefer the location to the Arts, which is also a lovely hotel. Try contacting the hotel directly for a better rate.