Barcelona Hotel

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelona Hotel

Traveling to Barcelona Spain in November for 4 days. Does anyone have any experience in staying at either hotels Claris or Condes de Barcelona and information other then what is described in the Fordors Barcleona travel guide?
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Re condes...excellent location, friendly front desk, very nice room, not far from 2 excellent rest...esp. Cerveceria catalana and costa gallega. Oh, yes, it also has pool.
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 03:21 PM

I've stayed at the Claris. I really like the location (Eixample); this is the neighbourhood I usually stay in when visiting Barcelona. It was stylish and comfortable, but not luxurious. The staff were friendly. I wasn't impressed with the ancient, miniscule gym facilities, the restaurant/bar, or room service.

For the price (about 120 euros), I thought it was a good value, but I don't think I'd be willing to pay a lot more than that. If you are expecting 5* luxury, you'll need to choose another hotel. If you'd like to have something a little more stylish than your usual mid-range hotel, want to stay in an upscale neighbourhood convenient for sightseeing, restaurants and shopping, and aren't expecting grand luxury in terms of size, amenities or service, then this is a good choice.
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 08:47 AM

The Condes de Barcelona is fine, but not in the same class as the Claris. If you do book with them, insist on one of the more traditional rooms.

You can book the 5-star GL Claris in November for as little as €136/night for a superior double with their special 20% discount. Not bad for a great hotel in a great location. The rate is only available on the Derby Hotel's own website (www.derbyhotels.com).
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. I would really like to stay in a nice hotel and based on your comments and various sites, the Code Barcelona cost does not appear to be worth the price. I am also considering Hotel 1898. Any thoughts?