Search

Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Michelle

Barcelona

Only going to have 3 days there in early Aug, looking for suggestions..

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Marla

Depends on what you are looking for...<BR><BR>For sightseeing - you MUST see the Sagrada Familia Church. Take the elevator up the spires rather than walk it. It's a work in progress but the most interesting and unusual church I've ever seen.<BR><BR>Go visit some Gaudi buildings (at least the outside). A couple you can walk through, particularly one at Passeig de Gracia.<BR><BR>Wander around the Gothic Quarter and see the cathedral.<BR><BR>Walk Le Ramblas. The sights alone are worth the walk. <BR><BR>Use the Touristic Bus system for tourists...just ride the system and get off wherever you want. Great way to see the city and pick and choose what you want to do. (http://www.tmb.net/eng/fes_turisme/festurisme.jsp)<BR><BR>For Lladro shopping, I got great prices (off US prices) at Garcia at Ramblas 4. They shipped everything back to the US for me and I got the stuff just a couple of days after I got back - very quick and everything was in great shape. The insure the package too. There are other places to get Lladro but Garcia had the best selection. All Lladro prices are regulated in Barcelona so only compare to US prices.<BR><BR>Go to the Marina for good eats. Lots of restaurants there.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Wendy

I really enjoyed the Picasso museum (IMO it is the best one around). Also the Sacrada Familia is so interesting. We spent one day just lying on the beach after dancing all night at a club!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Paula

I think it's well worth going to the top of Casa Milo (La Pedrera) and thought Parc Guell was fantastic as well. Also, the port is really beautiful--very clean and there's a statue of Columbus at the end of the Ramblas.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 11:29 AM
MILE

ALL THE PREVIOUS SUGGESTIONS ARE EXCELLENT YOU WILL LOVE BARCELONA. EAT <BR>A SNACK @ THE MARKET IS FUN AND DIFFE-<BR>RENT AND ALL PRODUCTS ARE FRESH AND CLEAN.