Bad Shuttle Experience - Paris

May 1st, 2004, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Bad Shuttle Experience - Paris

Just got back from a wonderful week in Paris. The only bad part of my trip turned out to be when we arrived...had reservation with Bee Shuttle. We called as soon as we got in and soon got to our designated meeting spot. Forty-five minutes later, no driver. I called again and was told "he's delayed at terminal 2". After waiting awhile longer, I called again. Still delayed at terminal 2 (I was beginning to think terminal 2 was in eastern Romania). Still no driver. After calling again, I was told the driver had a problem with his van. We finally found him and supposedly something was wrong with his tire - although it didn't look flat. Two hours and still no ride. He said another driver would pick us up (never showed) and we finally talked a driver from airportconnection.com to take us. Worse......he got lost...our hotel was in the left bank and we ended up totally out of the way before I realized he wasn't even close to getting to the 6th. I know people have had great luck with the shuttles, and since we were arriving at rush hour, I thought they were the way to go....but never again. Taxis from here on out. It took almost 4 hours to get to our hotel.
May 1st, 2004, 07:49 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. While I can see where there might be applications where the shuttle option can seem practical, I must confess that I've never understood the attraction many seem to have for them. Your experience confirms my bias against shuttles in Paris.
May 1st, 2004, 08:09 AM

Sorry to hear that you had a problem with the shuttle. All my experiences have been great, but I used Paris Shuttle.
May 1st, 2004, 08:11 AM

Agree that to me taxi has always seemed the most convenient. You go to the line, get in a cab and drive away. No calling, waiting, searching for a driver etc. After an overnight flight who wants all that aggravation?
May 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM

Ha! Bee Shuttle treated me exactly the same way! As instructed, I called immediately upon arrival and was told to go a certain gate. No sign of them. Called again, was sent to another gate. Same thing happened yet again, then again.

There I was lugging my stuff from one end of CDG to the other, tired, frustrated, and finally, really angry. It takes no time to tell this story, but all that trudging and successive waitings took up a great deal of time.
Paranoia set in and I actually became suspicious that, somewhere, French families in their living rooms were howling at the sight of me on Reality Tourist TV.

At long last, someone showed up to "rescue" me. When I offered my credit card in payment, I was told to do so on my return trip.

Well, departure day arrived and yes, a van was at my hotel to take me to the airport, but it was a van from another shuttle company altogether. Bee Shuttle was evidently otherwise engaged back at the hive.

At this point, I would not have been surprised had a horde of one-eyed buzzards swooped down to deliver me to CDG, so I (the sole passenger) climbed aboard not entirely unbraced for the subsequent, careening ride, an experience I can only liken to that of a walnut in a blender.

At the airport, the driver and his hulking, raucous companion insisted I pay them in cash. Taken aback by this attack on an unguarded front, I explained I'd been told I could use a credit card. No dice. Cash it must be.

Quickly, I assessed the situation. Euro-wise, I was insolvent. My bags had been unloaded. I doubted my tormentors would attempt forcible detention of my body in front of numerous witnesses.

So, I informed them to take it up with Bee Shuttle to whom I'd provided my credit card information when I'd made the regrettable reservation in the first place, then I marched myself straight out of Bee Shuttle's clutches forever.

(And yes, the full round trip amount was subsequently charged to my credit card.)
May 1st, 2004, 01:46 PM

I agree also that taking the taxi is alot better in many ways than taking a shuttle.

Because you gave your credit card number to the shuttle company, I can see why you had to put up with what went on. Last time I tried to take a shuttle I reserved with Parishuttle and they didn't ask for a c/c number to take the reservation. That's why when things didn't go right we just went ahead and took a taxi without fear of being charged by the shuttle company.
May 1st, 2004, 03:20 PM

In fairness, I must say that I have used Parishuttle without any problems whatsoever.

The Bee Shuttle thing happened because I was foolish enough to take the bait of a lesser, seemingly bargain price.

It could have been worse. Well, maybe if I'd been galumphed back and forth across the Sahara atop an indecisive, two-headed camel in the middle of a sandstorm.
May 1st, 2004, 03:30 PM

Compared to your shuttle experience, maybe the two-headed indecisive camel and sandstorm would be better.
May 1st, 2004, 05:45 PM

I have taken Paris Shuttle to the airport, but never from airport to Paris. I would hate to go through all that "waiting" hassle! Personally, I love the Air France Bus, which is easy, safe, and cheap. I like it when I'm staying near Montparnasse. I have also taken the RER, which was fine, especially when staying near an RER stop
(my hotel was close to Luxembourg).
May 2nd, 2004, 04:19 AM

FWIW, we recently had a not-so-great experience with Golden Air Shuttle in Paris. They were late in picking us up and took a less-than-expedient route. As a result, we came thisclose to missing check-in time for our flight.