Back from paris-found a great restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from a 12 day trip to France.
The last 5 days in Paris. A friend gave me the name of a restaurant in the 19th called
La Cave Gourmande-Le Restaurant Mark Singer.

Mark Singer is an American who moved to France from Philadelphia. He owns the place with his wife and is the head chef.

We had a three course meal from the menu-cost 33 euro. Food was outstanding- his wife ran the dining room and Mark came out a few times to check on his guests. He explained the menu in detail. The wine list was good and very reasonable.

He is a bit out of the way-closest metro is Botzaris(2 minute walk) but it might be easier to get off at Place des Fetes(5 minute walk-#11 line. Very residential neighborhood. Closed weekends. We called for a reservation and he actually picked up the phone. He later told us he was in the Paris edition of Zagat. I checked it out-
he got a 25 for food. Address is 10 rue de General Brunet, Phone # is 01 40 40 03 30.

Worth the trip.
Old Sep 21st, 2005, 12:18 AM

Lori - thanks for the tip. We will try to fit this restaurant in even though it is a fur piece from us. However, the metro does make getting around easier.

Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:51 AM

Metro: Botzaris is one of the stops for Parc de Buttes-Chaumont, which is very lovely with a lake, grassy slopes, meandering paths and tidy flower beds. There is a pagoda on a 'butte' but didn't see how to get up to it (the bridge was closed, unstable).
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM

Lori,
Thanks for the review! This resto was on my list last May but we didn't make the effort to get there. Will do it next time!
Peg
Old Sep 24th, 2005, 03:33 PM

Thank you for the review. My daughter and I will be visiting in May and I'm looking for restaurants in the double digit neighborhoods, this will add to that list!