B&Bs in Dublin

Aug 22nd, 2007, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

B&Bs in Dublin

I'm traveling with 3 other friends in late September to Ireland and we're looking for an inexpensive, yet decent Bed and Breakfast in Dublin. We're on a very tight budget so the cheaper the better, yet not a hostel. Anyone have suggestions?
Thanks!
Aug 22nd, 2007, 01:32 PM

Kate,

Try Abberley House, http://www.abberleyhouse.ie/. Abberley usually runs around 40 euro per person.

Slan Beo,

Bit
Aug 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM

You can check out some B & B's here, in Clontarf area - about 20 mins from city on very good bus route.

www.clontarfonline.com/accomodation.htm
Aug 26th, 2007, 03:06 PM

TravelerKate, If you don't mind a short bus ride (20 minutes or so), try www.drynamhouse.com in Swords. They're a 5 minute walk from the bus station. The rate right now is E34 pp pn. We liked the fact that it was also a quick walk into town. Kathie
Aug 26th, 2007, 03:25 PM

Swords is more than 20 mins distance form the city centre. It is convenient for the airport but a bit far out from the city.
Aug 27th, 2007, 08:26 AM

We just returned from Dublin and stayed at a wonderful B & B that was recommended by several on this website. It's the Pembroke Townhouse in the Ballsbridge area. We got it for $175 a night and would highly recommend it.
Aug 28th, 2007, 10:48 AM

please educate me .isn't $175.00 a bit pricey for a B and B.just wondering in order to help myself budget for my Ireland trip next year
Aug 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM

Bed and breakfast accommodation usually refers to a private house with rooms that are rented and where a breakfast is provided in a dining room. The price range is usually about €35 - 45 per person sharing. They tend to charge maybe €45 for a single person. You can pay more depending on the type of accommodation on offer, for example, a georgian townhouse in some parts of the city with very nice furnishing and bigger rooms, might be considered superior type b & b and may charge from €50 to €70 per person sharing.
Bed and breakfast in a hotel can be more costsly, from budget hotel prices to 4 or 5 star.
Aug 28th, 2007, 11:09 AM

This site should give you a good indication of prices if you check out bed and breakfasts in different parts of the city:
http://www.dublintourist.com/directo...and_breakfast/
Aug 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM
hdm

Just a note that a B&B is not always cheaper than a hotel.

We stayed in a B&B in Ballsbridge for the one night we were in Dublin before going west for a week. We thought our one night was too expensive and while we were there we booked a room across the road at Bewley's Hotel, Ballsbridge, for our return to Dublin later in the vacation. We loved Bewley's and stayed there for a week.

It was cheaper than the B&B, and the room, while nothing fancy, was perfectly fine, clean and large, as was the bathroom, and the lounge downstairs was wonderful. It was a nice walk or a short bus ride into the centre of town and Ballsbridge is quite nice in itself.
Sep 1st, 2007, 06:24 AM

Try Almara B&B Dublin (est. 1991) http://www.almarabb.com - the reviews speak for themselves see link at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ty_Dublin.html
Cheers Brian.

Sep 1st, 2007, 06:40 AM

One thing I would hold against Almara B&B is that they spam non-commercial boards.
Sep 1st, 2007, 04:47 PM

Sorry Padraig,
We did not intend to break listing rules - please check out our accommodation - it's second to none.
Brian.
Sep 2nd, 2007, 07:49 AM

OK why is everyone telling you to stay outside the city centre. Try the accommodation at O'Nealls pub. There are several reviews if you do a search. Its very central to everything. Hostels are pretty awful so I would avoid. Alternatively Confort inn in Smithfield has good rates and the luas tram take you stops to all the shopping and you are just over from temple bar if you get off at Jervis street and walk over the liffey on the millenium bridge. Alternatively try Jurys or Handels on Fishamble street. they are reasonabl3y priced. I cannot vouch for Handels but I have walked by a few times. Another place would be the Mercer that some on this site have stayed in. Do try to stay closer to the city as for nearly the same price you will be closer to everything. Almara is too far out in a residential area. It futher than where I live! Also Swords??? Thats miles outside the city and AGES on a bus. This is way too far outside to be recommending for a Dublin visit unless you are getting on a plane the next day and want to be near the airport
Sep 2nd, 2007, 08:02 AM
hdm

I posted this on the other thread too.

Bewley's is a short bus ride from the centre or a nice walk. I just checked their website and it says E108 every room, every night.

http://www.bewleyshotels.com/ballsbr...l_bedrooms.asp
Sep 3rd, 2007, 02:41 AM

Bewelys is a great choice and a lovely old building.