Search

B&Bin Iphofen

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&Bin Iphofen

We will be in Germany for the Christmas markets. Can anyone recommend a nice facility in Iphofen. Sounds like a neat town to do the romantic road from for day trips.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 11:42 AM

I've been doing a little research on Iphofen for a trip we are taking next year. We plan to stay in Bamberg but wanted to do a day trip to Iphofen.

Anyway, I found some useful info on the old Traveling with Ed and Julie website. They recommended two places. One is Gasthof Goldene Krone (2*), a pink building to the right of the Rathaus with doubles from EUR72. The second is the 3* Zehntkeller which they describe as a little more upscale with doubles starting at EUR92.

I hope this is of some assistance to you.
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 02:22 PM

This little place might not be everyone's cup of tea but it was exactly what I was looking for in that area a few years ago. The apartment my buddy and I shared for a few days was very nice, clean, roomy, kitchen, large bathroom, TV, two sleeprooms, living room and balcony - all for 38 Euro a day. Terrific breakfast that included a large platter of scrambled eggs and bacon. Wonderful family - English spoken by some family members...
Ben

http://www.bensbauernhof.com/ffnov00erlebnishof.html
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM

After a considerable amount of research, we've decided to stay here - a farmhouse on the outskirts of Iphofen - for 3 nights in August...

http://www.gaestehaus-duering.de/

I plan to report on our trip when we return in September.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 09:02 AM

We spent 3 nights at the Goldene Krone and thoroughly enjoyed it. We chose the cheapest double which was small but fine for the amount of time we were spending there. The next room up in price was quite a bit larger. We enjoyed sitting out on their patio and eating and also eating in their dining room. If you are not looking for something terribly upscale, I'd heartily recommend this place.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 03:54 AM
tmh

When we were in Germany doing the same Christmas market scene, we stayed in Iphofen (courtesy of Ed & Julies site). However, our stay was last minute and relied on the tourist office. They had plenty of rooms for us to choose from and they had no trouble understanding my horrible German as they spoke english.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Ben do you happen to remember the name of the place you stayed at. Sounds great. Barbara
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 02:14 AM

Barbara - the name of the place is Erlebnis Bauernhof Härtel. I made a map showing it's location in relation to Iphofen and there are also a few pictures of the place on the following page to include a link to their homepage. I included this in my previous post. Just copy and paste into your browser. Good luck... Ben http://www.bensbauernhof.com/ffnov00erlebnishof.html