Park International hotel?

Oct 25th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Park International hotel?

The Park Int'l got good reviews on other sites and it seems reasonably priced. Any negatives or confirmations about its quality? I do not want to break the bank on my prospective trip to London for five days in Nov. or Dec.

How else can I save money on things like food? Any good, reasonably priced restaurants around the Park Int'l?

Also, thanks for the replies so far about London's racial diversity. I'm not "hung-up" on this kind of thing, but it helps make one more comfortable (as one can ever be) knowing the realities. They help immensely. I'll reply individually to some. Keep them coming.
Oct 25th, 2004, 03:10 PM
mms

We stayed there about 3 years ago and it was fine. Not fancy at all, but more than bare bones. The location was great...only about a block from the tube, a grocery store, ATM's and some restaurants. There were a couple computers that you could pay to use in the lobby, and the breakfast was included. The food was fine...lots of yogurt/cereal/meats/fruits. The only negative about the hotel when we were there was the staff...not rude but definitely not helpful when asking about the area. Honestly though, that was a very minor negative. We got around just fine and the hotel worked great for us and our needs.
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:47 PM

I spent 5 nights at the Park International in September. I booked a single room and it was dirt cheap, only 170 pounds total for 5 nights....however....it was tiny, tiny, tiny. I likened it to a cupboard at the time. I would've been more comfortable watching the TV from out in the hall, rather than 2 feet from my nose. My room was also in the "basement" and on exiting the lift each time, I had to take a deep breath and make a run to my room. It smelt like the car fumes from the street above were pumping straight through the airconditioning ducts. The room had all the amenities, such as refridgerator, TV, kettle, airconditioning, separate bathroom. The bed was a lot to be desired. But I was happy to endure this due to the price, and mainly because of the locality. Just a short walk to Gloucester Station, and the Tube takes you everywhere, and is so simple to use.

The service at the desk was very friendly, and the breakfasts (included in the price) were extremely good. Perhaps if I had've complained about the room, I may have been moved to another level. All up, you get what you pay for.
Oct 26th, 2004, 06:11 AM
mms

Pamela--It sounds like our rooms and the staff experiences were opposite, lol! I am glad to hear the staff was friendly. Maybe we daught them at bad times or something. Our room was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, can't remember...but anyway we had plenty of room and we had 4 of us in there. Just shows how rooms can really vary. Nice to hear another persons experience...sounds like it is still a decent place to stay.
Oct 26th, 2004, 06:30 AM

I stayed there 5 nights in 2002 and 6 nights this spring.

As long as I can get the low prices they offered those times, I plan to stay there on my next visit to London. The rooms are tiny, but in good condition and have things like hairdryers and refrigerators. And the location is very good.

Here are photos of my room in 2002 http://www.mightymac.org/gb001.JPG and this year http://www.mightymac.org/04uk001.JPG The double had more room, but I don't spend much of my waking time in London in the room.

The Delhi Brasserie across the street was very good. The Bellavista was not.

Keith
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the info. All comments confirm what I pretty much thought about the Park Intl. I'm not picky, but I gotta have a safe, affordable, and CLEAN place.

If I can find decent airfares and lodging rates, then I'm visiting London. If not in Nov. or Dec., then sometime in 2005. Everyone makes it sound great. Thanks!