b&b peterson florence

Search

b&b peterson florence

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2004, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
b&b peterson florence

Has anyone but Ira stayed here? Just love a few more opinions for mid July - husband, me and 15 year old daughter with pretty tight budget.First time in Europe and want to do this economically but well.Arriving in Rome staying 4 nights
train to Florence........3 nights
train to venice........ 4 nights
moving on to Switzerland...4 nights (no ideas yet)
...... to Germany stay with friends Stuttgart
This site is so useful but my mind is boggling with hotels etc.Need to choose for Rome and Venice as well. Any input greatly appreciated.Tks
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 06:18 AM
ira

Topping for jasles,

although I can't understand why any further advice is needed.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 01:51 PM

Jasles,

I'll be staying at B&B Peterson for 4 nights in early May. I'll let you know about our experience when we get back.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks smallworld!
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 06:30 PM

the only possible thought that comes to my head, having just returned from florence...is the place air conditioned?? the buildings are packed tightly together and air does not circulate much...i stayed in a b&b and it was up 47 steps...and slightly in back of other places...they had optional a/c and i am sure you would need it...only one window in our room which was also small...could be quite important....hot nites could ruin your vacation??? i can hear that teenager now....
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 07:47 PM

B&B Peterson does have air conditioning, according to their website: www.bedinflorence.it.

The website also mentions that the rooms include private bathrooms and are soundproofed.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 04:22 AM
ira

The AC worked very well and the bathrooms were new.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:01 AM

My wife and I spent four nights there just a couple of weeks ago, based on Ira's recommendation, and found it just as he described. Clean, fairly spacious by European standards, bus stop at front door...and a great bargain at the price.

I'm finally going to get around to posting a trip report later today, and will probably throw in some more details about the Peterson and of course the highlights of our Rome/Florence adventure. Look for it soon on a screen near you!
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 07:48 PM

Stayed four nights at B&B Peterson during our recent trip. We found the room very comfortable, clean, and in a great location. It was a very easy, 5 minute walk from the train station, and about 10-15 minutes to the duomo.
The owner, Mr. Ancillotti was very friendly and helpful, and suggested a great restaurant close by that we liked so much, we went back again a couple of nights later (Al Vecchio Carlino on Fratelli Rosselli). Overall it was a pleasant place to stay. Nothing fancy, but we weren't expecting fancy at 62 euros a night.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 07:19 AM
ira

Glad it worked out for you, small.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 08:57 AM

We just stayed for one night. Called ahead to change arrival time to noon--no problem. Met by Italian speaking lady and my basic words and her hand gestures got us through check in, payment, keys, etc.

It's just the few rooms and baths off a central hall. We had the room next to the shared bath. Room was fine. I don't remember now if the A/C was turned on yet. We had nice weather so not needed for temp. Location was not noisy and windows shut out what noise there was. Small refrigerator in hall to share. We heard others come and go, but did not meet any other guests.

Street was a little lonely at night with few shops or restaurants open. I wouldn't feel comfortable wandering around alone late. Ate at a good restaurant between the hotel and station--Portal or something like that.

Only problem at B&B was that starting at 6:00am someone was pushing the buzzer downstairs wanting to get in. When we eventually went down to leave at 7:30am there was a young couple wanting to check in, saying they were supposed to meet someone at 7:30am--why they were ringing the buzzer at 6:00, I don't know, but I didn't appreciate the wakeup call.

Only paid E46.20. A real bargain.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 10:06 AM
ira

Pleased you liked it Kay.

Did you hear about it from me or somewhere else?
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 12:23 PM

I also stayed there last November at Ira's suggestion and as a single woman I would agree that the street was a little lonely after dark, but I can't say that I ever felt unsafe. I wish I had found some of these restaurants, I got so lost one night.....but the place was clean, close to the train station and relatively quiet. The refrigerator in the hall was nice and for the price I was very happy. There was a really nice bakery/cheese shop on the way back from the train station and I stopped a couple nights for cheese and bread and a couple beers for my dinner. Very basic for the little amount of time you spend in your room and it was a bargain. I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner for the advice Ira.