B&B in Bath

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:12 PM
ina

B&B in Bath

Recommendation needed for inexpensive B&B in Bath or near Bath for a family of 4.
Thank you

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:42 PM
tooper

tp

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Carla

It's not particularly inexpensive, but Paradise House in Bath is wonderful. It is close to the train station, if you don't mind climbing up a big hill, but once you are there, it is worth the climb. Quiet, well maintained with a lovely garden. Don't know what your budget is, but we paid 89GBP for a twin room. Terrific breakfast.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 02:39 AM
Ellen

We stayed at the Sydney Gardens Hotel, a B&B that is a five-minute walk outside the city, right on Sydney Gardens (with their own private locked gate). They have parking onsite, which is a great advantage if you're driving to Bath, because driving IN Bath is impossible. We had a room with ensuite bath and three beds (one seemed to be king or queen-sized) for £69 pounds, last August. They also serve the standard huge English breakfast, with yogurt, cereal, grapefruit, etc. on the side buffet.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 03:51 AM
xxx

We stayed at the Kennard. Not inexpensive. Rooms small but wonderfully maintained.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 04:23 AM
xxx

can you see bath and stonehenge in one day?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Suzy

Yes, you can. Stonehenge only takes about an hour, then on to Bath. Much more feasible if you have a car, but can be done using trains/bus from Salisbury to Stonehenge. I enjoyed spending two nights in Bath, but you can see the major sites in less than a day.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:33 AM
xxx

susie, thanx. am planning to get to stonehenge about 9:30 then bath then get to manchester late at night, soi feel better bout that now

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Michelle

Can anyone recommend a good place to eat in Bath on a Sunday afternoon between 4 and 6. Restaurants listed in the guidebooks I've consulted seem to be closed during that time. Alternately, something on the road to or near Stonehenge would work. Thanks.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:38 PM
topper

ttt

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 09:46 AM

to the top

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:44 AM
carmen

Another vote for Paradise House...

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Debbie

I absolutely LOVED the Villa Magdala in Bath. It is just a short walk over the Putney brige, across from Henrietta park.

It was the best place we stayed in our entire England trip, and very reasonable.
in 1998 it was 75pounds a night for 2 ( I think)
www.VillaMagdala.co.uk/

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:13 AM
dan

We stayed at the Villa Magdala also. It was the most expensive place we stayed, but also the nicest. It is very convenient to the tourist areas of Bath,and has a place to park the car. (which was important for us.) Don't drive in bath.