AVANT Train Madrid Toledo

May 2nd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

AVANT Train Madrid Toledo

The Renfe site is balking at my request to buy tickets online roundtrip Madrid-Toledo. It states tickets not available for internet purchase. Our flight lands in Madrid at Terminal 1, where I understand there is a train ticket office. If we want to go to Toledo on June 30 and we land on June 28, will we have a problem getting tickets?
Carol L
May 2nd, 2007, 11:18 AM

I believe no - so many trains at worst would have to pay first class perhaps.
May 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM

You may not have any problem buying tickets once you arrive in Spain, but you can expect to find a line at the ticket window.

If you can't purchase the tickets on-line ahead of time, then you should stop by the Renfe office at the airport and buy them there.
May 3rd, 2007, 01:48 AM

Don't they have ticket machines where you can just push a button, put in some money, and zap, you have a ticket... ??
May 3rd, 2007, 02:07 AM

There appear to be at least 8 or nine trains between the two cities every day and the trip only takes 30 minutes.

I'd wait and get them in Spain.
May 3rd, 2007, 04:54 AM
abk

In Madrid last year with my son.
We simply turned up at the main station and bought return tickets - don't even remember a long queue. Train on time an Toledo station is right in the middle of town - well worth the trip, just wonderful
May 3rd, 2007, 12:09 PM

We just returned 2 weeks ago from Spain. We asked at the train station in Madrid if we needed to get our tickets to Toledo ahead of time and they suggested we do so. So the day before, we went to the station and had to wait about an hour and a half to get the tickets. It was a pain, but we got them.