Madrid to Toledo

Jul 20th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Madrid to Toledo

Anyone have trouble booking train from Madrid to Toledo?
I am trying to book a train from Madrid to Toledo for Aug 1. I will be in Madrid fotr 4 nights. I do not want to risk not being able to find a seat on a train. The website is all in Spanish and it is also difficult to purchase tickests. Any suggestions?
MS
Jul 20th, 2007, 02:48 PM

There are many trains daily from Madrid to Toledo. The RENFE site is easy to use until you have to put in your ID number. Put in your passport number.

When you get to the RENFE site, there is a tiny Union Jack, click on that and the English translation will appear. I counted 11 trains on August 1 from Madrid to Toledo
Jul 20th, 2007, 06:37 PM

Just buy the ticket in Madrid when you are ready to go. You can also take bus which are good.
Jul 21st, 2007, 06:48 AM

My husband says he saw on the TV chanel we get from Spain that there is a high speed train now to Toledo. Many posters here have said it's simpler to take the bus, because it takes you in to town, whereas we've always walked from the train station, which is some distance away.
Jul 21st, 2007, 08:33 AM

You can get the RENFE site in English (some of the pages anyway) by clicking on the small British flag in the upper left corner. However, I understand buying tickets on line can be a bit troublesome.

Are you flying into Barajas airport? I would suggest you buy your ticket at the Renfe office in Terminal 1. There is supposed to be an office opening in Terminal 4, but I can't find any info on that now.

There usually aren't any lines and is easy to get your ticket and be on your way.
Jul 21st, 2007, 08:43 AM

Get the ticket there asap once you get there.

Do not wait until the day of departure. On the day I went to Toledo, ALL the morning AVE trains out of Atocha were all sold out, including Toledo.
Jul 22nd, 2007, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Should we take the bus into Toledo or the train....any suggestions?
MS
Jul 22nd, 2007, 01:08 PM

It is an easy trip and you do not need the Ave.