Attention to all CHOCO-HOLICS

Sep 18th, 2003, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Attention to all CHOCO-HOLICS

Yum yum!
This is a TOOOOO delicious news, I can't help to spread it to you: from 18 to 26 october in Perugia there will be the 10th EUROCHOCOLATE festival. This year, since it is the 10th anniversary there will be the twinning with the TARTUFO D'UMBRIA (yum yum). So, my friends fodorites who will be around Perugia in those days, GO THERE and EAT. Chocolate in all forms, tastes and combinations: Nutella (my decadent pleasure I must say...) spread on warm bread, Baci chocolates everywhere, and much more. Sigh....just typing that makes my mouth water... And if you REALLy REALLY want to splurge...there is the EUROCHOCOLATE HOTEL in Perugia. Here is their site, just to have a look http://www.chocohotel.it/eng_default.html
If I remember well they have a special chocolate-based menu during this occasion. Plus you will be able to enjoy the deliciousness of tartufo... yum yum.. Ok I go... I am having a sudden craving for Nutella now..
...I am a choco-holic by the way...and you?
Sep 18th, 2003, 09:50 AM

Oh la, Batuffolina, just what I needed to hear (not)...I must go raid the pantry now and see if there are any stale chocolate chips lying about!
Enjoy your EuroChocolate
Sep 18th, 2003, 11:03 AM

You're speaking my language; wish I could join you. I did have some friends over for lunch today and made Sin Pie for dessert. It is similar to chocolate silk pie but with a walnut crust and some Frangelico for flavoring. Yum, if I do say so myself.
Sep 18th, 2003, 11:09 AM

MMMMMMMMMMMMM....MILKA! The Hersheys of Europe!
Batuffolina: What I would give for any reason to be in Italy! Now you added Chocolate to my list!
JOHN
Sep 18th, 2003, 11:53 AM
jor

Alcoholics like to talk about bars and booze. Chocoholics like to get into disussions about chocolate in order to induluge their fetish for their craving. Are you getting High while discussing your addiction????!!!
Sep 18th, 2003, 11:54 AM

We were in Perugia this past July. Got there around lunch time, the Perugina store was closed So we had lunch right outside of it in the outdoor cafe there. Waited for a while, never reopened, so we gave up. I could sure go for some right now!

Sep 18th, 2003, 12:14 PM

Could I please have the recipe for Sin Pie ?
Thank you, Scarlett
Sep 18th, 2003, 12:19 PM

We stayed at the Chocotel last summer. They give you a chocolate bar when you check in and their breakfast buffet includes chocolate cake! My idea of fun on vacation.
Sep 18th, 2003, 01:08 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sigh...
Sep 18th, 2003, 02:11 PM

Delicious!!1 My favourite chocolate is Rocher Ferrero!!!
Sep 20th, 2003, 09:36 AM

Scarlett, just for you:

Sin Pie

Crust:
1 c. walnuts
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, melted

Filling:
10 Tbsp. butter at room temperature
1-2/3 c. powdered sugar
6 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1/4 c. Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
2 eggs

Garnish:
Whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

For crust, finely grind nuts and mix well with flour and brown sugar. Blend in melted butter. Turn into a 10-inch pie plate, pressing into bottom and sides. Bake until lightly browned,about 10 minutes. Cool.

For filling, cream butter with powdered sugar. Blend in melted chocolate and liqueur. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating very well (5 minutes) after each. Pour into crust.

Chill well and garnish with sweetened whipped cram to serve.

(If you are not comfortable with using raw eggs, you might want to try Egg Beaters, as they are pasteurized. I am not sure if they would work in this recipe, but if you try it and they do, please let me know.)
Sep 20th, 2003, 09:53 AM

Thanks, Carolyn! Hope you don't mind if I save that recipe as well. I must confess that besides being addicted to fodors, I am also addicted to chocolate. Maybe I will bring a Sin Pie to our San Francisco fodors get together! It would be so appropriate to make a dish I learned about on the forum.
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:06 AM

Carolyn,
Thank you very much!
I have it all written down and plan on making it this week.. One can always use something sinful these days~
Sep 20th, 2003, 11:56 AM

Ladies, once you've consumed your Sin Pie make sure you order plenty of sex for dessert. It's the fun way to keep those nasty calories under control.
Sep 20th, 2003, 01:04 PM

You mean it's more fun than the stairmaster at the gym? Why didn't someone tell me about this sooner?
Sep 20th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Dee

Not to mske you all green with envy... but I am going to Umbria in 2 weeks and guess where I will be spending the 18-26 of October! ...Well maybe not every day but pretty close ! Thanks for the info!