1st europe trip...won't be the last

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:52 PM
Tim

1st europe trip...won't be the last

Hey everybody... just got back from my first european tour of wine country.(Toscana, Rhone, Mosel) Absolutely wonderful... lots of tours..lots of wine..lots of incredible food...the paste(pastries)in Italy alone was worth the trip...hey I should know- I'm a chef! So if anyone is travelling to those areas specifically in search of food/wine, drop me a few lines and i'd be glad to help...

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:57 PM
xxx.

<<the paste(pastries)in Italy alone was worth the trip...hey I should know- I'm a chef!>>

Well, you might want to make sure your menus show a little more knowledge than you do. Paste is plural for pasta, not pastries. I'd hate to eat at your restaurant and find a lemon tart on my plate when I ordered the tagliatelle.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:17 PM
xxx

Yes, as a chef, you should know, but obviously you don't. Please tell us where you work so we can avoid it.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:55 PM
MillyMollyMandy

To XXX and XXX: well whoopsy-do, so they got it wrong.....no need to be so nasty.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:14 AM
Santa Chiara

XXX and xxx: Funny, the barista at my neighborhood bar here in Italy know exactly what I wanted when I order "una pasta" this morning. I got my regular brioche con crema.

You better know of what you speak before you get so nasty. Pasta (paste) is indeed the word you use for pastries, specifically at the cafe bars.