Search

What to do in Mykonos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do in Mykonos

Hello,

My parents will be spending 3-4 days in Mykonos at the end of September. This is their first time in Mykonos and first time in Greece as well

I am looking for all suggestions on:

a)Where to eat..They are VEGETARIAN, i.e. NO Meat or Seafood or Poultry. Breads, Pastas, Rice, Cheese, Veggies, Milk, Fruits, are fine.

b)What to see/do...what sightseeing, which beaches

c)Where to shop and what...what are the good local artefacts etc. to buy in Athens, also, are there any places to get the normal western designer clothes etc.

d)Any other suggestions

Thanks
RJ
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 03:03 PM

Mykonos is a very laid back island. Not much to see other than "town". The famous windmills are on the outskirt of town and beautiful at sunset. Always keep an eye out for the famous pelican who walks around everywhere - his name escapes me at the moment. A great day trip is to the island of Delos. It's only accessible from tours and does have a small cafe for water and film etc. The island is filled with ancient ruins and homes and is beautiful to walk around - although very hot - no shade anywhere! Some of the best ruins in Greece are on Delos. As far as shopping - JEWELRY!! It's everywhere and most is 18kt. The best area and deals are in Athens at the platka. I have no great recommendations on food for vegetarians, but El Greco's in Mykonos was a great meal worth investigating the menu to see of anything fits the bill for your parents
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 03:34 PM
brotherleelove2003

Veggie food won't be a problem in Greece. The normal cuisine is full of great dishes. I lived on Santorini for a year and never once had a problem finding something to eat.

Old Sep 20th, 2003, 08:27 PM
me

I'd liked to add one more thing - it's a non-stop 24hrs party island , so if your parents are young (at heart?) just prepare to party , party , party away.
Old Sep 20th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU for your replies so far....any suggestions on names on restaurants, or other particular must visit places to eat food, good coffee shops (for coffee and desert), any any must visit shops?

Also...I posted this earlier...which hotel would you suggest...Kivotos, St. John or Princess of Mykonos or any other good upscale hotel...which is accessible to the must see/must do areas of Mykonos, as well is a great hotel on its own?

Thanks Friends
RJ