Reload this Page >

ATTENTION ALL CHOCOLATE LOVERS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 03:18 AM
Jody

Our wildest dreams have been answered, It therapeutic... A travel tip we'll all love!! <BR> <BR>http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,...304763,00.html

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 04:33 AM
elaine

Jody <BR>Excellent! So I should pack a pound of chocolate "for medicinal purposes"!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Book Chick

More importantly, can we bring back a few dozen pounds for purposes of self-medication????? <BR>BC

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 06:24 AM
elvira

Think my HMO will cover it if I get a doctor's prescription?

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:16 AM
Capo

It's gotta be dark, though. :~)

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:35 AM
AGM/Cape Cod

See Chocolate is good for the heart as well as the soul. No surprise to me! Now I will be looking for the flight attendents coming down the aisle with cups of hot chocolate! Callebaut for international travel and Hersey's for domestic.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 09:57 AM
topper

ttt

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Linda

JOdy, I LOVE you, finally an excuse to indulge in my favorite thing in the whole world. Now I just have to find reasons for making that long flight! (not to mention the money!)

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Ursula

yeah... only dark chocolate!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Capo

Ursula, I was never a big fan of dark chocolate until my first trip to the continent, to Germany & Switzerland, in 1980. It once seemed to strong, too bitter...but now milk chocolate seems too bland by comparison. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Book Chick

Statistics on fans of dark chocolate: they have a more sophisticated palate, occupy the minority of chocolate lovers in the USA, tend to be college-educated & earn more money than fans of milk or white chocolate. <BR> <BR>Capo, thanks for the invitation. (I'm starting to feel the strong pull of the Bay of Angels, shellfish galore, and lots of dark chocolate.......) <BR> <BR>BC

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 11:11 AM
Ursula

BC: See.. we are the real connoisseurs! When you go to a nice coffee place here, you usually get a small chocolate with it... dark, of course! <BR>White chocolate, ugh.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 11:41 AM
elvira

We fell in love with Swissair when they passed out chocolate bars instead of peanuts...

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 11:42 AM
Linda

Dark, the ONLY way to go! Now we're finding out who on this board has "the more sophisticated palate".

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 11:55 AM
Ursula

Linda, welcome to the club! <BR> <BR>Elvira,.. and now you always fly Swissair? What about taking some chocolate with you, when flying a different air line? <BR>Folks, try the "Teuscher" chocolate truffles. I think they are sold in the US, too. At least in NYC. <BR>www.teuscher.com

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 11:55 AM
AGM/Cape Cod

Dark of course!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Jody

Another one for Dark

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 12:00 PM
Linda

Jody, now how did I know that?

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Capo

I propose a new slogan... <BR> <BR>Got Dark? <BR> <BR> <BR>(My apologies to our European chocolate aficionados, who may not get the reference.)

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 12:12 PM
s.fowler

And let me "weigh in" here -- DARK <BR>Swissair also serves good ice cream [and has *cute* stewards -- sorry Capo]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -