Search

Athens Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Nicholas

Athens Hotels

We are trying to choose a C category hotel in Athens for our family. We have narrowed it down to Attalos, Herodian, Hera, or Acroplois View.<BR>Thanks again.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Trish

I stayed at both the Acropolis View and the Attalos last year and I would choose the Attalos. The Attalos has a lot of restaurant and shops literally out the door, the Acroplis View is close to the entrance of the park but we had to walk a ways to find a super-market and a restaurant that interested us. Plus our cab driver had a really hard time finding the Acropolis View but that could have just been him. I've heard good things about the Herodian but I thought it was a lot more expensive.

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 03:56 PM
sandy

Another vote for the Attalos. We stayed there twice and LOVED it. For two nights, we had room 505 and had views of both the Acropolis and Lycabettus Hill. Our room had twin beds, phone, tv, bath, balcony. We also stayed in room 605, it had a slightly better view as it was up higher. Try to get room 606, it's a corner room.<BR><BR>The area is really nice, walking distance to most things, the hotel was very inexpensive, and the desk clerk looked just like Mel Gibson (always a plus)!<BR><BR>Have fun in Athens!<BR>Sandy

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Carol

I was very UNimpressed with the Acropolis View. Have you looked into Hotel Philippos? It's on Mitseon; great quiet location, yet a short stroll to plaka.

Old Dec 19th, 2002, 09:44 AM
kathy

I just stayed at the Arethusa in Syntagma Square and I give them a vote for the friendly, helpful and jovial staff they have on reception, they made staying there a real pleasure, also it is so handy to everything, the Plaka, the airport bus stop, the square etc and the internet cafe directly opposite. They will also store bags if you are going to the islands.

Old Dec 22nd, 2002, 09:12 PM
Carolina

Hi,<BR>I've stayed at the Athens Gate, the Attalos and the Arethusa. None were bad. The Athens Gate is my favourite because I love their rooftop bar. The Attalos is quite a bit cheaper and is great value. I prefer the Attalos to the Arethusa.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 08:15 PM
cj

Just came back from the Adrianou, in Platka, very resonable under 100 euros, small rooms, but the location to the market and great food along with the view of the Acropolis outside our balcony was spectacular!