Arran House--Have you stayed there?

Old Oct 10th, 1999, 10:43 AM
sam

Arran House--Have you stayed there?

Could someone comment on Arran House. Please include location, use of out-of-suite-facilities (Hall Bathroom), clean-ness, nearby locations. Also, any other comments on the Cresent Hotel and Celtic Hotel or other inexpensive Hotels in Bloomsbury or Covent Garden. Thanks for any help on this.

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 07:11 AM
BOB

s

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 07:23 AM
Gina

I've stayed at the Arran a couple of times while in London and like the place very much; would definitely recommend it. It's very clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are quite good-sized for a budget B&B in London. I always get a non-ensuite room and have never had to wait for the bathroom. <BR> <BR>As far as location goes, they're right around the corner from the British Museum, with three tube stops very conveniently located (the closest one is Goodge Street, but there's also Russell Square and...I forget the third). It's walking distance from a lot of the theater district--I walked "home" one night from Ronnie Scott's in Soho quite easily. <BR> <BR>Anything else?

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 07:53 AM
Bob

s

Old May 5th, 2002, 10:16 AM
elaine

topping for Barbara

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Rebecka

Sam, <BR><BR>I stayed at the Crescent Hotel last year and it was quite reasonable price-wise. Otherwise it was okay, but nothing special. The staff was efficient but not overly friendly. At least the room was clean! I have also had much better breakfasts elsewhere. I had a (clean) shared bathroom, but that was no problem. <BR><BR>Many years ago, I stayed at the Jenkins Hotel which is also in the same area. It was even better and the owners friendlier. I have noticed that the price there has gone up quite a bit, however. <BR><BR>All of these hotels are in Cartright Crescent, which is a great location near the tuble, the British Museum and Library as well as King's Cross Station. A shortish walk from there and you are in the Holborn, legal London area. <BR><BR>Next time I stay in London, I think it might be in Bloomsbury again.<BR><BR>Enjoy!!