Area to stay in ROME for 4 days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a couple in our Mid 30's & visiting Rome for the first time in mid July 2016 for 4 nights.

looking for AREA recommendations in Rome where we can find a hotel UNDER the budget of Euro120/night. We'd prefer modern and clean rooms in a central location that's a nice area and not too noisey. We don't like Secluded location. We would like to walk in the evening and night , so want the area to be open and lit up. We don't go to bars etc and would also prefer Muslim Halaal food

We are tourist and do not want stay in a secluded area, though a little bit on the sides can be acceptable if price and hotel is good. Would like to visit all the TOURIST sites

Please recommend AREA which would suit our needs and budget
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 04:46 AM

Your budget isn't large, so that may restrict your area somewhat. You might consider the area to the south and west of Termini station, which is reasonably priced and which remains fairly lively at night. It is within walking distance of many ancient Roman sites, and if you like to walk, you could reach many other touristic places. There are also many bus lines that stop at the station, and both metro lines pass there.

There are dozens of things to see and do in Rome, much more than you can see in four days. I suggest you get a good guide book to help you choose the things that you'd most enjoy. The DK Eyewitness Guide for Rome has lots of photos, which is useful for deciding what to see and what to skip.

I don't know much about halaal food in Rome. I've seen a number of halaal fast food places in the area I mentioned. There are also Indian/Pakistani restaurants that advertise that they serve halaal meals. I'm sorry I can't give more specific advise.
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 05:01 AM

You need to understand that many hotels in Rome are older - as in a couple of hundred years. Also that by it's nature the center of the city has some amount of noise - a very quiet location in Rome is unlikely unless you fid a hotel that has rooms facing a central courtyard. Be especially careful about air conditioning - many older hotels do not have strong AC and can get very hot.

Finally, since you budget is quite limited you may have to give on other desires in order to get a central location.
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 05:34 AM

There are several modern hotels in the Termini Station area. One is the Yes hotel, very near the station. We've never stayed there, but we've eaten several times at their restaurant. It should be within your budget during low season.

I've also stayed at the Bettoja Hotel, which sometimes has very reasonable prices in low season. It's not modern, but very nice.

Cleanliness is not usually a problem in Italy.

I often stay in the Termini area and have never been disturbed by noise. It's not an area with much night life. If you have a room on a higher floor, you won't hear the traffic very much.
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 07:22 AM

You might want to consider renting an apartment. The price may be equivalent to a hotel, but if you prepare one or more meals a day you will save quite a lot of money.

Try looking at possibilities on VRBO.com or FlipKey.com There are many other reliable rental sites online as well.
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 08:37 AM

My daughter and I liked the Domus Julia, which includes a complimentary breakfast served next door in their Hotel Julia's lovely dining room. You also have a front desk at the hotel where you check in and out, and can ask questions.

The Domus Julia is a twist on apartment-style housing: you have a private room with a private bath, which shares a kitchen and seating area with another connecting room.

I looked at July dates, and they can be within your budget.

The location is great for walking:

http://www.domusjulia.it/en/location
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well you don't want a high floor in July, unless you find something with air conditioning. And a lower floor will generally be noisy since you want to be central. In fact, you may want to decide which is more important to you, central, or less noise.
At your price point consider:
Hotel Teatro Pace
Antica Dimora Delle Cinque Lune (find on booking.com)
Hotel Genio
Palazzo Del Duca
Hotel Mimosa Pantheon
Old Nov 6th, 2015, 10:48 AM

PS We had A/C at Domus Julia
Old Nov 9th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all

Clarkgriswold & Tabemash2 - have you all voted for Termini station location ?

Frankly speaking we do not mind noise, as far as Drums are not beating (hahaha) & offcourse we do not like secluded places.

Has anyone heard of Nerva accomodation (Stella)? any updates on it

Also, will check the other hotels that you peopple have suggested
Old Nov 9th, 2015, 06:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't think the hotel tabernash suggested is in the Termini area.

As for hotels like Nerva, you need to ask what floor it is on. Many small hotels only have a floor in a building (or even part of a floor). It appears the Nerva is right next to the subway entrance, part of the building fronts on the intersection of via Leonina and via Urbana which are fairly quiet. The other side fronts on the very busy via Cavour (lots of traffic). Via Urbana is probably a floor or two lower than Cavour so rooms on 2-4 floor could be noisy if facing Cavour.
Old Nov 9th, 2015, 08:04 AM

Sorry for the confusion. Domus Julia is by the Spanish Steps.