Reload this Page >

Transit visa for slovakia? from Prague to Budapest

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25th, 1998, 11:40 AM
Florencia Jaureguiberry

I have been reading around the forum and I have two different opinions on this matter. Holly said I dont need a transit visa when traveling from Prague to Budapest but peg says I do!!!. Can anyone help me, please?

Old Nov 25th, 1998, 12:09 PM
s.fowler

US citizens do not need a transit visa for Slovakia. Check with the country's embassy that is handling Slovak matters in your country. [I don't recognize your country suffix .ar, sorry...] My bet is that if you need a visa to visit Slovakia you will need a visa to transit.

Old Nov 25th, 1998, 01:03 PM
florencia

Thank you s. I will probably need a transit visa. For future reference (?) .ar stands for Argentina. Bye, thanks

Old Jun 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are going from Budapest to Prague and would like to stop over in Bratislava. Do we need to buy rail passes for Slovakia or will our rail passes from Budapest to Prague be ok?
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't understand your question.

Slovakia's in the Schengen area. If you can enter the Czech Republic, it's 99.999% certain that you've got a Schengen visa, which lets you enter Slovakia and Hungary. There are very obscure circumstances in which you might have been issued a Czech-only visa, but it's inconceivable you'd be able to go to Hungary - and you'd have been told about it at the time.

In any case, there's no border control between the three couhtries (or between any of them and Austria)