Need visa to visit Prague?

Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Need visa to visit Prague?

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if Canadians and Americans need a visa to visit Prague? I've read where you do need a visa, and I've also read that you do not need a visa. Has anyone had first-hand experience with this? I'm planning on going to Prague in the summer and want to know if I should plan ahead and get a visa.

Thanks,
Rosalind
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:58 PM
ehp

No, I was in Prague in March and did not need a visa (I'm American). Can't imagine that Canadians would need one either. Your best bet would be to check the Chech embassy website.
Jun 2nd, 2003, 02:59 PM

For Canadians:
A valid Canadian passport is required. It should be valid for at least nine months beyond the date of departure. Canadians must also be in possession of a visa. Visa applications can be obtained and processed at any Czech diplomatic or consular office around the world. To obtain a visa, you may also be required to present an invitation letter from a Czech citizen or organization and provide proof of financial means. A State Border Crossing Report, issued with the visa, must be signed and given to the authorities at border crossings. Visas cannot be obtained upon arrival.

Travellers 15 years of age and older must have their own passport and visa. Travellers staying in private accommodation must register at the Czech Alien Police Station within three days of arrival. Hotel guests are normally registered by their hotel at check-in.

Tourist Visa: Required
Business Visa: Required
Student Visa: Required
Work Visa: Required

For further information, contact the Embassy of the Czech Republic, 251 Cooper Street, Ottawa, ON, K2P OG2 (tel.: 613-562-3875/ fax: 613-562-3878/ e-mail: [email protected]/ Web site: www.czechembassy.org ), or the Consulate in Calgary (403-269-4924), Montreal (514-849-4495), or Toronto (416-226-4528).

Search this Thread