Reload this Page >

Are backpacks allowed into attractions.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Cindy

There have been a few threads about guards denying people with backpacks in some attractions like St. Marks, etc. Any recent visitors know the "REAL" story about this issue. Can't imagine denying peole entry but not having a check room of sorts. Hate to be at an atraction and one of us denied entry and the other have to wait outside.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Wayne

At places like St. Marks, and many others, you might encounter a rule about no purses, backpacks, or any other type of parcel or bag. And the rules can vary day to day. And there aren't any checkrooms in some of the places. You need to be prepared to go into these places without any attached paraphernalia.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Pauline

The St. Marks that you are referring to, where is it? <BR>Is it St. Marks square in Venice?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:01 AM
cindy

Yes, the St. Marks in Venice. There is a single mention in a thread about a week go, but no follow-up.<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:18 PM
Barb

I was in St. Marks just a little over 3 weeks ago, and had no problems with my black leather purse-type back pack.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Pauline

Cindy,<BR>As St. Marks square is open space, I doubt it would be a problem. <BR>Have a look at the thread 'booksbags'.<BR>That might give you some answers.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:51 AM
kelly

You probably mean the Basilica in St. Mark's Square and it is true that you may be asked to check you backpack if it is too big. I've just returned from Venice and also saw two people asked to check their backpacks before entering the Doge's Palace.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:27 AM
Jim

Do attractions like the Basilica San Marco have a place to check bags or backpacks? I think the original thread indicated that the visitor was denied entrance, and there was no bag check. Thus she had to wait outside while her husband visited, then he came out and she took her turn.