Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone survive a 3 week Scandinavian/Russia Tour?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:49 PM
dot

Would appreciate tips on surviving this long of a tour. Has anyone out there done this trip with a tour group?

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:02 AM
no

no answers. apparently no survivors.<BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 03:39 AM
LOL

too funny!<BR>

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 04:15 AM
sandy

If you're already dreading it, why go? Besides the best way to see the fjords is from the sea. Take a cruise! You'll have a much better time and you won't stuck in a bus with a bunch of strangers all day long, schlepping you stuff from hotel to hotel. there are so many great ships doing the fjords and Scandinavia this summer. Stockholm is one of my favorite cities in the world, it is so beautiful. sailing in through the archipelago at dawn is something i will never forget! Take a cruise!

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 06:17 AM
xxx

no, the best way to see the fjords is by car and ferry! dot, i did this trip independently several years ago (st. petersburg-helsinki-stockholm-oslo-fjord country-bergen), and it was absolutely wonderful. if you're concerned about doing the trip with a group - i would be too - maybe you should bail. is it too late? driving fjord country was one of the highlights of our trip. really a beautiful place.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Barry

Hi Dot -<BR><BR>Totally agree with Sandy ...<BR><BR>We did a 3 week Baltic cruise last July and the time really flew by! (like it always does on a trip) And, if you haven't already booked, there are some really good deals out there for Baltic intineraries this summer!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:40 AM
ttt

topping