Applying Schengen visa from USA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am US resident living in south carolin and planning for a Europe visit this October. I already got a U.K. Visa and I am planning to apply in Consulate of Italy in Miami. I already have been to Schengen country in 2015 and applied from London (I was living In the U.K. Before), since they got my biometric info do I need to go in person to submit the application? Since Miami is Exactly not that close from South Carolina, If I could apply via mail that would help a lot but I am not sure if this has been done before.
Any suggestion of expereince would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 05:34 AM

US resident is different from US citizen, so if you do not have a US passport, I would follow visa instructions on Schengen website for country in which you are a passport holder.
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 05:36 AM

I'm no expert but the fact that you had one before and they have your biometric data may not matter. They might want to see you in person for various security reasons, someone could be applying fraudulently in your name, for one thing. Also, they might not be able to get your data from the UK. Many countries require you to appear again even if you had one before, I do know that. I don't know if Italy does but you'd have to ask them, why don't you do that?
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 05:43 AM

You need to answer your own question, not rely on strangers on the internet. Call the Italian Consulate.
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 07:47 AM

If you are issued an Italian visa by default I believe you have a "schengen visa" BUT per St Cirq, obtain your answer from the Italian consulate at your appointment or before.