Apartment rental in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning to spend a couple of weeks in Paris this fall, with my mother & aunt, & looking for a nice, quiet 2-bedroom place preferably in the St.Germain area. Can anyone recommend a vacation rental agent--Since mother/aunt are in their 70's, a reliable English-speaking agent w/good servicing.
Old Jan 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM
cw

Here's a link to the Paris apartment thread which has a lot of leads for you:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35159017

We've rented happily from www.parisvacationapartments.com--they have a new two bedroom in the 6th, and from www.parisianflat.com. They too have apartments in the 6th. Both agencies are locally managed and the people we dealt with spoke English.

There are many good agencies, other highly recommended here by other posters are www.parisperfect.com and www.vacationinparis.com.

If you give your budget, we might have more specific suggestions.

Old Jan 25th, 2009, 01:27 AM

try vrbo.com we have used this site many times. You rent from the owners direct.
In June 08, we stayed on Blvd St Germain in a 2 bed flat. No lift but charming.
#139630.
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for useful info. As for the budget, willing to go up to around $2500-$3000? for a nice, quiet 2 bedroom; a view or facing inner courtyard would be nice.
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM

I assume you mean US $. I'm not sure of your conversion rate, but anyway, try this link http://www.alacarte-paris-apartments.com/index.shtml. Scroll down until you find the cherch midi 2 bedroom apartment. It is an absolutely gorgeous, spacious apartment that we stayed in a couple of years ago. One bedroom faces into a courtyard and the other faces onto the street. If it's in your budget then I can't recommend it highly enough. There are 3 identical apartments in the building, with a lift. Rue du Cherche midi is right in the heart of the St German area.
Old Jan 26th, 2009, 02:36 AM

I just checked the link and it's not quite right. When you bring up the url I gave, go to the menu boxes on the left hand side and choose 'view rentals' then choose 2 bedroom apartments, and scroll down until you find st. germain cherche midi.

Old Jan 26th, 2009, 02:39 AM

Ooops, very tired now and need to go to bed!! Forgot to say A la carte apartments is a terrific English speaking rental agency. They looked after us very well even to the extent of organising an emergency dental appointment for me when I broke a tooth.

The apartment was spotlessly clean with good linen and facilities. We were close to lots of shops and only a block in either direction to metro stops.

Old Jan 26th, 2009, 03:23 AM

I now always stay in the www.parisperfect.com apartments. They are in the locations that I prefer to stay in. They are lovely in every way. They take care of your every need. I have stayed in many of them. Most recently mid Sept-mid Oct. 2009 and the first half of Dec. 2009. I am leaving April 14th for a month stay.

Take a look at them. I think you will like them.

Enjoy your planning..half the fun!

Joan
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Original Poster

Cathies and Gracejoan3, thanks so much!! THe Cherche Midi apartment does look lovely--I'm showing this to my mother & aunt.
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Original Poster

Joan, I looked at ParisPerfect, and saw "Condrieu" 2 bedroom which also looks nice. Thanks!
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 04:08 AM

I'll second the recommendation for ParisVacationApartments as noted by CW. We stayed in one of their apartments in the 1er last May and it was wonderful - 2 BR, 2 BA, full kitchen, LR/DR for $2300 for a week. And the owners spoke English, as did the greeter for the apartment who spent and hour with us - not only going over every aspect of the apartment and its amenities but also the neighborhood, logistics, etc. She also arranged a cab for us for the day of our departure to Gare de Lyon for 4 adults and all luggage.

They also have apartments elsewhere in Paris.

Sam
Old Jan 27th, 2009, 05:48 AM

Myasha,

All the PP apts are lovely. No surprises. If anything, they are even better than the pictures..and the pictures are good.

I think if you ask, that they do have a 15% discount for Fodorites...that becomes material!

If I can help, just ask..

Enjoy....
Joan