Apartment in England

Search

Apartment in England

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apartment in England

Am looking for an apartment in London.Nervous with NO experience.2adults /2 kids.Anyone out there have a positive experience with a particular agency.I live in Australia .Thanks
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 10:35 AM

I haven't stayed there yet, but am very impressed with londonguestsuites.com so far. They have lots of apartments and the prices are reasonable (for London).

I'll be booking with them this week for a trip this summer.

Gayle
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 11:27 AM

I've just been looking at flats on the londonguestsuites.com site and I have a few issues. They don't tell you up front what the location is for example. One I liked is listed as Mayfair and "a short walk to Green Park and Picadilly", but then lists the nearest tube station as Kensington Olympia. HUH? There are several apartments of varying sizes in one building, but they show the same interior shots for each one, so you really don't know how it might be furnished.

There are some nice places on www.vrbo.com, where you rent from the owners.
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the vrbo link suggestion, Patrick. Once I saw it I remembered that I had seen it suggested once before and had meant to check it out. Nice apartments!

Gayle
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 07:31 PM

Don't know what your budget is, but the Scala House (<b>www.scala-house.co.uk</b is a good value in London. The apartments are clean and comfortable, although not particularly stylish.

If your budget is a bit higher, the Dolphin Square Hotel (<b>www.dolphinsquarehotel.co.uk</b is an all-suites hotel and has an indoor pool. It's very close to the Pimlico tube station and is in a quiet neighborhood in Westminster.

I haven't booked through this company, but In the English Manner (<b>www.english-manner.co.uk</b has some nice properties.

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 06:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
We stayed at Scala House last summer, and I would definitely go there again. Great location, two bedroom apartments. Goodge Street tube station around the corner, easy walk to theaters and to the British Museum, a pub on the corner.