Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone stayed at vacationinparis #28?

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 08:31 AM

We stayed in the Petite Coin apartment near there and I will say that I loved the area. We have rented a few times from VIP and found them to be very good. Only concern I have, and it may not matter to you. Is the shower wall mounted? They don't have pictures of the bathroom. The apartment we stayed in had a hand held only shower and my husband was not real happy about that. other than that we were content with the apartment and like I said, the area was great.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Suzanne - that's a good question to ask about the shower - I think we could handle either option, but it would be good to know, and not a question I would have thought to ask! What did you like best about the area? It has theoretical appeal to me, but it would be great to hear your specifics!
As far as that specific apartment, I'm really hoping to find someone who has slept on the sofa bed to find out if it felt more like a sofa or a bed
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 09:28 AM

We were less than a block from the metro station which was nice. We liked all of the good places to get food on Rue Mouffatard. There is a Nicholas wine shop (good Prices) Two excellant pastry shops. A good grocery store. A small Monoprix. A starbucks. We enjoyed the Jardin De Plantes and of course Luexmburg Gardens is in the area.

As far as sofa beds are concerned I think small kids do ok on them but I would be leary about it too. Ask the people at VIP they are very forthcoming in my opinion. Does that apartment have a washing machine? I find they are a bit stingy with the towels and never have face cloths so I bring a few old ones from home and just leave them there.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

We are a family of 4 including 2 boys 7 and 10 (at the time of our visit). I am NOT a sofa bed fan as a rule, but have experienced the occasional good one. Good to hear the VIP will give honest good feedback on things like that! Thanks for the face cloth tip!
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM

Let me know what you find out about the shower. I'd be interested in that apartment myself. The price and the location are very good.
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

VIP have confirmed that it isn't available for my week (June 2008!!)... My next choice was VIP 115, but I don't think the bed is going to be big enough (I am 6ft and my husband is 6 3" - a couple can be ok, but really only without a "footer", so I getting back to the drawing board!
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:53 AM

That apartment is up 4 flights of stairs with no elevator so it would not be my first choice. has a great location and a good shower though.