Anyone out there flown Crossair?

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Karen

Anyone out there flown Crossair?

I thought I was booking on Swiss Airlines, but my frequent flyer award was on Crossair from Miami-Zurich-Rome. Has anyone had any experience with this airlines? Is it separate from the new Swiss airlines? Thanks.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 03:51 PM
Slimm

CrossAir was a subsidiary of Swissair at one time. I think since Swissair went bankrupt the name changed to Swiss Airlines. Not sure why it's all CrossAir now, but I'm sure it has something to do with the bankruptcy. If it's anything like Swissair was, it'll be a very comfortable flight.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 05:36 PM
mj

Karen,

CrossAir = Swiss = old Swiss Air

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Valerie

We flew Swiss from NY to Zurich and then Cross-Air to Athens. It was absolutely fine.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Andre

Karen,

Don't worry, Crossair was renamed Swiss, however they still use the same 2-letter code (LX), so some computer systems label their flights as Crossair. Some Swiss planes still have a Crossair paint job.

Swissair on the other hand went bankrupt. While it owned a majority stake in Crossair, the latter was "saved" by a massive cash injection by the goverment and banks, took over many of Swissair's assets and renamed itself Swiss. Complicated stuff...

Andre

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Jen

I just returned from Europe. We took Swiss out of Chicago to Zurich then on to Milan. We then flew Swiss from Florence through Zurich to Paris. The flights were wonderful and on time. Within Europe I would still see Crossair on a few of the smaller planes. Rest assured, you will be flying Swiss.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:52 AM
mpprh

Hi

Crossair was the Swiss domestic / European feeder airline.
I used to fly them Brussels - Basle.

They had a reputation for excellent service, but high prices.

Now Crossair includes Swissair, following the bankruptcy, as I understand it.

Peter
http://tlp.netfirms.com

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
micia

never had any bad experiences with Cross Air. No complaints here.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:16 PM
mike

I flew crossair from Zurich into Milan and back. Both trips were very,very nice.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:59 PM
steve

Just Flew Swiss Airlines in november LA to Zurich to Rome Return. We bought the tickets for $500 ea. and the service and flight were fine. check-in, food, flight crew, were great. I would use them again if the price was right.
Don't sweat-it, as far as I can see all the European carriers are better than ours here.