Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone know about Pembridge Palace (London)?

Nov 9th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Jess

Okay, here's the deal: I found this website and it has an incredible rate for a London hotel (in Bayswater). I was wondering if anyone has heard of Pembridge Palace or if anyone has had any dealings with discountcityhotels.com. Thanks!

Nov 9th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Judy

I stayed at a hotel in Pembridge Square in Bayswater in April and May. The name was Blue Bells Hotel. This is a nice area, not far from Hyde Park, and I would go back. I can't remember seeing the Pembridge Palace, but there are a number of small hotels within several blocks. I think the price per night was 60 pounds. I have stayed in the same type of hotel several times and found them satisfactory--small, friendly, clean, no frills. I recommend the Orchard Hotel, also, can't remember the address.

Nov 12th, 2001, 07:00 AM
jess

Thanks Judy! I've been researching the area and feel comfortable about my choice (over the weekend I booked the hotel). It cost me 29 pounds a night, which is only 35% of the total costs. You can imagine I was a little worried about what I'd get for that price. But is there anyone out there who's stayed there? It looks like the hotel is a lot of townhomes that have been gutted and put together. I was just curious. Thanks!

Nov 12th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Mike

Jess: Also checked the rate for January at Pembridge Place and would hope someone out there knows about the place. The rate for Jan. was 50 pounds for a double. Checked the web site in has some very good prices.

Nov 13th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Jess

Mike-

Did you go to discountcityhotels.com? I've been looking for months now for affordable prices for lodging for one person and this is the first site that I could actually afford some of the better places. I'll have to see though how good that site really is when I get to London.

Nov 14th, 2001, 05:57 AM
backtothetop

ttt

Dec 31st, 2004, 01:26 AM

We also can get a good rate. What is this hotel like? Has anyone stayed here?
Thanks in advance
Donna
Dec 31st, 2004, 03:03 AM

It gets awful reviews on Tripadvisor.
Dec 31st, 2004, 08:28 AM

This hotel has the worst reviews I have ever seen. It looks like it should be closed as a public health hazard. I would really question any recommendations from a source that suggested you stay here.

Even in London there are much better super budget options - perhaps a hostel or a B&B in the suburbs?
Jan 1st, 2005, 12:26 PM

According to the reviews on Trip Advisor, it would be a sensible thing to stay away from this hotel!
Jean