Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having trouble w/Air France bookings?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve been trying to book tickets for our family’s trip next summer to Paris/ return from Stockholm, and the AF website is doing weird things. Has been for over a week.

First, I’m just trying to see the seating plans so I can determine if I need to book soon (so we can all sit together). It gives me one price - until I enter the names and choose seats - and then all of a sudden it says “Fares have changed” and adds some whopping number to the cost (like $1775.00 per person EXTRA). Now when I go on, it just says. “Due to a technical issue, it is not possible to complete your booking online” - try again, or call us (which doesn’t work, after a short wait I’m disconnected).

I’ve never used a travel agent, though my friends love their local TA, but I’m thinking I might not have a choice. My concern there is, do I loose all control over the ticketing? I have no idea. It’s not Expedia, etc, it’s a local person.

Thank you so much for any help you can give!

And MODERATOR please do not transfer this to the Air Travel link, not enough people will see it and I need immediate assistance.
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 12:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I've heard that the Air France Facebook page is very reactive.
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 01:15 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you aren't a member of Flyertalk I'd register and ask your questions there. You'll get pretty much immediate answers/advice. Plus almost all the airlines monitor posts and sometimes jump in with personal assistance. (FT and Fodors are run by the same folks)
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Janis, I posted over there as well.
Old Oct 4th, 2021, 02:36 PM

I've had some strange things happen similar to yours when I've used the AF site. But I booked an AF flight 2 weeks ago without any problem. Try Delta's site instead (codeshare).

Stu Dudley