Anyone booked a room through GTA Hotels?

Mar 1st, 2008, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Anyone booked a room through GTA Hotels?

Never have booked a room through this particular website and I was hoping for some good reviews. Are there any hidden fees, etc. that I should be aware of. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jennifer
Mar 1st, 2008, 08:58 AM

I used to work for them. They are a large consolidator based in London.

You will be fine.
Mar 1st, 2008, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply. I was just a little nervous having never done this before. Jennifer
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 AM

I've seen a couple other regular posters mention using them. Sometimes (all the time?) you have to prepay.
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Prepaying would be fine with us. Our dates are not going to change, and this way it would be taken care of before we go. Also, won't have to worry about the exchange rate getting any worse. Jennifer
Mar 1st, 2008, 10:42 AM

I have used them a couple times, including for a stay in Istanbul, and it was fine. They seemed to have some good deals, and were able to get me a decent place when rooms were in short supply.
Mar 1st, 2008, 11:14 AM

i use them all the time when the rates are advantageous.

never had a problem. even when cancelling a night. just know the particular cancellation policy for the hotel and gta themselves.

they amazingly most frequently have been able to post better rates, with breakfast and tax included than MANY other sites, the hotelsī own included!
Mar 1st, 2008, 11:32 AM

As linc points out, another plus is that GTA's rates usually include breakfast.
Mar 1st, 2008, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your help guys! I feel much better now. You are all right, their rates are much cheaper than anyone elses. Jennifer
Mar 3rd, 2008, 06:26 AM

jennifero35,
I've also used GTA for bookings in Spain when their rates including VAT & breakfast beat the hotel's own web rates.

I keep a regularly updated spread sheet of hotel rates for several cities comparing hotels' online rates with GTA's and others. While GTA's are usually very competitive and often lower than other booking services, they don't always beat some chains' guaranteed "best price" online rates.

While I've been very happy with my great GTA deals (and no hidden fees), my advice would be always to compare GTA's offer with the hotel's own, just to make sure you've indeed found that really great rate. O
Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM

Better idea (having worked for GTA). If the hotel has a better deal direct, contact GTA and ask them to better it.

They will actually thank you for letting them know that the hotel is offering cheaper rates direct to the public than their consolidator rates.
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM

We used GTA for Brussels in July 2006 and got a great deal. The breakfast charge alone (had we paid seperately) was 50% of what we were charged to stay at the Le Meridien. We had to cancel one night which GTA promptly refunded (doing it within their cancellation guidelines). I too was hesitate to use them, but found the service excellent and will do so again.
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM

We used them last year for Germany and Switzerland and had no problems. I think they are cheaper because you pre-pay. We got good rooms and breakfasts were included. No hidden fees.

Enjoy your trip