Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions for staying in Youghal or Dungarven?

Feb 3rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
Tia
Original Poster

Would like to stay in town so that we don't have to drive after the pub crawl!! Thought it was a good stopping off point as we head to Blarney in the morning and then further west. Anyone stayed at a good bb or guest house in either area? Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Tia
Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM

Haven't stayed in either town, but did stay in Ardmore. I posted the following last week:
We really liked Summerhill Farmhouse, just outside of Ardmore. Nice people, comfortable rooms, great breakfast, all on a working dairy farm (not too close to the cows for comfort.) We really enjoyed having dinner at the Round Tower Hotel in town, great food in a charming old hotel.
Maybe that will help.

Feb 10th, 2004, 06:47 AM

Check out http://www.harveysdock.com
Two and three bedroom self catering holiday suites on the Waterfront in Youghal Co.Cork
Feb 10th, 2004, 06:57 AM

if you have some spare money(!!), it's worth splashing out to stay in Aherne's Seafood Restaurant & Luxury Hotel in Youghal. However, if you can't stay there - at least eat there!!
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:28 AM

I would recommend going to Youghal. It's full of pubs! The Walter Raleigh hotel is only 5 mins walk from the center of the town, there is also the option of staying in a B&B. These B&B's are in the town :
Leahy's B&B Tel: (024) 92292 outside of Ireland it's 00353 24 92292

Avonmore House Tel: (024) 92617

Some good pubs in Youghal are the Nook, Joe Dan's, JD's. I would also recommend you try Tynan's, but be warned it is a bit of a old mans pub but worth going for a pint. Youghal is also full of history and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!
Feb 11th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Tia
Original Poster

Thank you all very much for the info. I'll check a few of these suggestions out!!

Tia