Search

any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 02:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any ideas?

I'm looking for somewhere to go in Greece with my boyfriend around late summer which will be fairly quiet,have good beaches, interesting places to visit(lots of history/culture), good restaurants but not touristy - also possibly where we can go diving (although never dived before so need somewhere for beginners). We went to Scala in Kefalonia last year and found it a bit too English!
can you help??
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:30 AM
ira

Hi
May I suggest that you make your title more specific? You will get a better response.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:55 AM

I would suggest the western part of Crete, anywhere west of Rethymnon.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:59 AM
AllyPally

CRETE. It has everything you want and is also the biggest Greek island so it is entirely possible to get away from the hordes. I have been 3 times and it always fascinates! Have never been to western Crete though but imagine it's even nicer than the more popular eastern side.

Old Jun 10th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou for the advice - I'm now looking at Paleochora in september. So! Does anyone know what the weather is like in Southern Crete in possibly early to mid September?
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 06:25 AM
brotherleelove2003

Santorini is unlike any other island in the Aegean. If by late summer you mean in August, everywhere you go it will be crowded. But if you mean September, this is an excellent time to go and enjoy Akrotiri, the archaeological dig that is still under excavation as well as the most beautiful village of Oia where the architecture and ambience is excellent.

Old Jun 10th, 2003, 11:52 AM

My wife and I went to Greece in September a few years ago. We travelled to many of the islands in the Cyclades and to Crete - by far our favorite was Crete. There is so much to do there you could easily spend two weeks and still have more to see. The weather was great and the crowds were slim. If you decide to rent a car, be sure you see the car before you rent it. We got taken by a rental place in Chania right off the square. Crete has many rental dealers with newer cars - make sure you go to one them.