Antwerp? Charming? Hotels?

Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:51 AM
Phil

Antwerp? Charming? Hotels?

Going for a week. Heard Brugge is brill but wanted to know more about this city.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:55 AM
joan

Antwerp is a wonderful city, full of history and great architecture. It is much less "touristy" than Brugge. I loved Brugge, but I also enjoyed spending time in a "regular" European city which was not jammed with other tourists. Be sure to go to the market square and visit the Cathedral of Our Lady while you are there. We stayed at the Hotel Euro which was very nice and centrally located. We paid less than $100 which included a generous buffet breakfast and free parking in the city lot next door (the hotel rents spaces there).

Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:47 AM
Joe

Phil: Bruge is charming. Don't miss it. Antwerp is very interesting with much to see and do. The Cathedral of our lady is truly magnificent. We enjoyed our tour of Ruben's House built in 1610. The Royal Museum of Fine Arts is one of the best. If you really want to know about Antwerp and the rest of Belgium, go to the web site "www.jack-travel.com/belgium". Jack writes about Belgium with passion and an engaging style. His restaurant and hotel recommendations are right on. I simply printed off his whole review and took it with us. Best guide "book" I have ever had.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:57 PM
Judy

I stayed at "Billa Mozart-Best Western" for 5 nights in April. The hotel is right accross the Cathedral,in the centre of old town with many museums, good restauraants and shopping(Antwerp is the new fashion capital in western Europe-by The Guardian) within 5 minutes walking distance and 5 minutes walk to the river too, about 100 euro per night with good breakfst.The hotel is not fancy but nice and clean,the location is unbeatable ( I don't think the area near Central Station suitable except for business travellers).

I stayed in Brugge for one week the year before,but have enjoyed Antwerp a lots more. Antwerp is a real living city with many differents facesld and new,arts(not only Rubens) and commerce...It is truly fascinating.

P.S.on't miss the sunday market-the lasrgest I have ever visited in Western Europe.

Jun 3rd, 2002, 07:59 PM
Judy

Correction:Villa Mozart.

Search this Thread