Antalya Hotel help PLEASE!

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antalya Hotel help PLEASE!

I am going around in circles and need advice from anyone who has suggestions for Antalya. We will be staying just one night in Antalya (arriving in the evening from Cappadocia, leaving the next day mid-day to head down the coast.) So-- I would like to stay in the old part of town, so that we can walk around in the morning, but the hotels there I have found seem to be quite a bit more expensive than comparable places elsewhere in the county. Especially for a family of four.
Can anyone suggest a modest but clean and quite Pension or Guest House where we could stay? Don't need bells and whistles, as we will not be there long. Also-- and suggestions for places to stay in Ucagiz would be wonderful.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:39 PM

We're also going to be looking for something like that, but we will probably stay 2 nights before heading to Olimpos. I'm thinking that we might wait until we get to Turkey and someone may have some ideas. You're right - most of the places seem to be fairly pricey.
Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:10 PM
hedgepath

Hi, I too am going around and around in circles trying to figure out how to get from place to place in Turkey. From Cappadocia, how are you getting to Antalya -- and then from there -- how are you planning on getting to the coast? Please let me know.

Old Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

We will be driving from Cappadociaa--we decided to rent a car-- given that there are 4 of us and we want maximum fllexibility, this seemed like the best option, despite the added expense. It seems as though there is a great bus network, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get from place to place.
Just found a place called White Garden Pansiyon-- doubles $14. Looks basic but ok.
Anyone stayed there?
Old Apr 4th, 2005, 06:41 AM

We're planning to take a bus from Cappodocia to Konya and spend the night there. Then the next day, we'll take a bus to Antalya. I think we'll stop there for 2 nights, then hop a small bus to Cirali / Olimpos. We then have to go back to Antalya to catch a bus to Pammukale. It means maybe more bus travel than I would like, but buses in Turkey (from what I remember) seem to be ok.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 09:56 AM

I'm sure this reply is too late to help the person who originally asked, but White Garden Pansiyon is a LOVELY place to stay. I've stayed in several of the cheap spots in Antalya and White Garden is by far my favorite. Clean and charming, small and simple. Small room, tiny bathroom (but it's private!). Not the Ritz, but it's also more than camping with a roof. Do be aware that almost all pansiyons in Turkey lack shower curtains (I can't remember if this is the case with White Garden or not), so it's a good idea not to keep toilet paper and towels in the bathrooms while showering. Don't let that deter you from staying in an inexpensive pansiyon however. You'll experience more local culture by avoiding the big hotels.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:26 PM

Check the factors mentioned above
- is your debit card attached to a checking, not savings, acct
- do you have a 4-digit PIN for it
- does the card have Plus or Visa network logo on it (CIBC website says that's the network to look for)

I looked up some locations for Plus/Visa network - saw you are staying in the 15th, so limited search to that.

CARTE BLEUE
148,200,249 RUE LECOURBE
221 RUE RUE DE LA CROIX NIVERT
17 PLACE ETIENNE PERNET
26 PLACE ETIENNE PERNET
41,57,102,106,117,171,202,237 RUE DE LA CONVENTION
290,316 RUE DE VAUGIRARD
2 RUE JOSEPH LIOUVILLE
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 12:27 PM

oops I got lost and posted in wrong place, sorry!
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Lee

For those thinking to stay at the White Garden Pension in Antalya, beware of their bait and switch tactics. We booked a room months in advance and arrived early in the afternoon to find them full and asking us to take a room in their "other" hotel--a dump on the main in/out street of the old quarter. No amount of arguing or recourse to our agent changed the situation. "A little mistake"--not in my book. Also, the food prices are more than double those outside the old quarter (8 lira vs 2.5 lira for adana kebaps).