Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Another Request for comments on Paris Apartments

Oct 22nd, 2007, 06:57 AM
rhy
Original Poster

My family has finally decided it is time for the kids (2 girls, 15 and 20) to see Paris. My wife and I haven't been in over 5 years. We are planning to go next August (4-13) and are trying to decide between these 2 apartments. both are similarly priced and have AC (a must for us).

http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_156.htm

http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_158.htm

We apreciate any comments or help you can provide.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:05 AM

I like the decor and location of the second apartment a lot more than the Luxembourg apt.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 07:14 AM

I like the left bank location better...but they don't say if it is an elevator building and it's on the 4th floor ( 5th US) !
Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:08 AM

The 2nd one is almost twice the square footage and has more livingroom seating. Even though I like the location of #2 slightly better - w/ a family of 4, size and comfort is more important IMHO.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:48 AM

I would rent #2, "Madeleine Gourmet". The locations are irrelevant. Both the 5th and the 8th Arrondissements contain and are within walking distance of many fascinating parts of Paris. Think of each Arr. as a rich, textured and unique village within the greater whole, Paris. I love the decor of "Madeleine Gourmet".
Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:59 AM

oops, typo in my post -- "Even though I like the location of #1 slightly better - w/ a family of 4, size and comfort is more important IMHO."

Anyway - I'd definitely choose #2 for the extra space and comfort.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:04 AM

I would definitely rent the one near the Madeleine, also. I like that area, it is convenient and could be fun. It isn't even real clear where the other one is as they don't say exactly. Somewhere near Port Royal.

The one near the Madeleine not only looks nicer, to me, but is over twice as big. Why would you pay the same amout for the one that is about the size of a studio apt., and not a particularly large one, either (490 SF). Four people staying in less than 500 SF for about two weeks sounds pretty claustrophobic to me.
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:05 AM

The second one looks nice, however if you look at the bathroom, I am not sure that it is a stand up shower. I don't know if that is important to you, but it is to some people
Oct 23rd, 2007, 04:21 AM
rhy
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I think we will get #2, but I wanted input from people who had been there recently. Now all we have to do is spend the money and plan the 8 days