Search

Anniversary Trip

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anniversary Trip

Hello everyone!
I'm planning a 5th anniversary trip for my husband and me..oct 12-24..anniversary is on the 20th..
We fly into Paris and only have two weeks.. I'd really love to show him France and Italy... I definitely want to see the south of Italy (positano ) Ultimately, I would love it if we could spend our anniversary in Capri/south of Italy...
We fly back out of Paris ...
Any recommendations?
Thinking of purchasing a eurail pass..

Also... Concerned about the safety with the recent terrorism... Is there any need to be concerned?

Thank you SO much for any help or suggestions! I would like for this to be the trip of our lifetime… Very romantic and fun to celebrate our love story!
Old Aug 11th, 2015, 09:22 AM

You don;t have 2 weeks - you actually have 11 days as far as I can tell.

This gives you a reasonable time in Paris - 5 nights (4 days) - and a limited time (5 nights/4 days) to see the Amalfi Coast area - since you have to fly back to Paris the day before to be sure of making your flight. Too bad you didn;t do open jaws into Paris and out of Naples.

Don;t see time to "show him France", which would take a number of weeks by itself.
Old Aug 11th, 2015, 09:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
1. you don't need a rail pass - you won't be travelling enough to make it worthwhile buying it.

2. I can see that spending your anniversary in CapriPositano might be a dream but getting there and back to Paris might be closer to a nightmare. the best thing to do would be to fly to Naples and get the ferry to Capri, then the ferry from there to Positano, then back to Naples. you need to check if the ferries are running on your dates or think about using trains/taxis.

3. How about going somewhere in France that you can get to easily from Paris [Avignon, Nice?] - go there first on the TGV from CDG and then back to Paris for your anniversary. Save Italy for your 10th anniversary!
Old Aug 11th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone!! Really appreciate it!
Old Aug 11th, 2015, 11:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
that's nice of you to say, studion.

do come back and tell us what you decide to do - and happy anniversary!