Trip from Paris to Italy

Nov 11th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Trip from Paris to Italy

My husband and I want to take a trip to Europe in the spring. I'm thinking the beginning of May will be a good time to go and we have 2 weeks to spend traveling. I would love to visit Paris - neither of us have been. So we would spend a couple of nights there and the rest of the time touring Italy. I've been a lot of places in Italy, but my husband hasn't been at all. I really want to see the Amalfi coast, and revisit Venice, Rome, etc. This may be too much to do in too short of a time frame. Any help would be appreciated! Not sure if I should fly in to Paris and then fly to Italy or take the train. Then once we're in Italy I'm not sure if we should travel by train or rent a car. Please help! Ideas for travel, hotel, deals would be appreciated. Thanks!
Nov 11th, 2007, 08:09 PM

You could fly EasyJet from Paris Orly to Naples if you want to see the Amalfi Coast. For budget airlines - www.whichbudget.com

Nov 12th, 2007, 02:16 AM
ira

Hi A,

Neither of you have been to Paris and you will "spend a couple of nights there"??????

I suggest you fly into Naples, spend 2 nights there and 4 nights on the AC.

Good advice from KY; fly Naples to Paris and home from there.

Otherwise, skip Paris and visit Italy for 2 weeks.

Nov 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM

Hi Ad - Alternatively you could fly Paris-Venice ... and train south to Rome from there.

For budget Paris-Venice flights see Easyjet, Myair or Veuling.

www.easyjet.com
www.myair.com
www.vueling.com

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Nov 13th, 2007, 02:26 AM

Dittos to adding more time in Paris. We did a similar trip last year with 9 days in Italy and 6 days in Paris.

You could fly into Naples or Rome. Do Amalfi - Rome - Venice; then fly to Paris for (at least!) 4 days. MyAir.com has a great schedule between VCE and Paris Orly, allowing you to spend the day in Venice but get to Paris in time for dinner. Flying into Orly put us within a 20-minute cab ride to our Paris hotel. (Alternatively, you can fly OUT of Orly and be in Venice in time for lunch.)

It sounds like a great trip. I just got back last night (yawn!) and will be posting an Italy trip report soon. Have fun planning!