Reload this Page >

Anniversary in Provence

Search

Anniversary in Provence

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 05:04 PM
mark

Anniversary in Provence

We will be sending a special anniversary in Provence soon and are planning to stay in the vicinities of Arles and Vaison la Romaine. We would would appreciate recommendations for romantic dinner and lodging spots in these areas. Thanks a lot!

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 07:05 PM
mimi taylor

Mark, I cannot rave enough about one of my favorite hotels, Crillon Le Brave in the tiny village of Crillon le brave.The beautiful views on their terraces takes your breath away. The food is superb. There is a web site crillonbrave.com

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 07:06 PM
mimi

sorry, correction, please <BR> www.crillonlebrave.com

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 06:41 AM
Anthony

Mark, <BR> <BR>We travel to Provence each year. This past summer we discovered a great restaurant, part of a hotel, in Eyregues (sic), near Noves/St.Remy. It is called "La Maison". While outdoor dining may now be impractical it would still be a nice stop. I do not know if it is year-round. <BR> <BR>A great little restaurant in St. Remy is the "Gousse d'Ail". It closes for the winter but may still be open, depending on when you ge there. Please give my regads to Tjebba, the very friendly chef and proprietor. (Arles is about 15 kilometers from St. Remy. Arles weekly market is on Saturday; St. Remy's on Wednesday, 8 to 1).

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 07:30 AM
Beth2

Hi Anthony! <BR>Where would you recommend staying in St. Remy? Would you know of something with a swimming pool, and a great view or walking distance to the village? <BR>Thanks in advance for any inside scoop! <BR>

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 07:51 AM
Anthony

Beth, <BR>We stay in a small hotel within walking distance of St. Remy called L'Amandiere. The proprietors are Chistophe and Claudine are dear friends of ours. The rooms are quite small but immaculate. A nice garden surrounds the hotel and a large pool is availbale in the back. Rate is very good. <BR> <BR>If you are looking for more luxurious accommodations try the Hotel Des Alpilles. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 09:09 AM
mimi taylor

For Beth:If you are planning this trip for now, I want you to know that the Chateau des Alpilles is clsed Nov. thru March. They did open for Christmas and New year, but you better check. The other choice , open all year is theChateau de Roussan, a very romantic place, what I call truly shabby chic. The mas shamrock is open all year also but none are within walking distance. <BR>Anthony: I wanted to e-mail you but obviouly that is not a real email . Let me know <BR>beth or Mike if I may help further by e-mail.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 09:22 AM
Anthony

Mimi, Tis indeed a real e-mail. Be glad to hear from you. <BR> <BR>Anthony

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 03:20 AM
Beth2

Many thanks to both of you! <BR>

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:50 PM
pam

Hi Anthony! Just returned from "la Maison de Bournissac" and can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel (more like a private villa with breathtaking views) and the resaurant .<BR>Thank you so much for all your advice.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:50 PM
pam

Hi Anthony! Just returned from "la Maison de Bournissac" and can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel (more like a private villa with breathtaking views) and the resaurant .<BR>Thank you so much for all your advice.<BR>P.S. I am eating a chocolate from Joel Durand's (number 1) as I write this .

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:49 AM
fran

Just stayed in Domaine de Valmouraine. In St Remy. it was wonderful. 12 rooms , very quaint, pool , tennis courts, lovely young couple owns the place. I would stay in St Remy, you can easily get around with a car to many lovely villages. Just came home from a week there.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:09 PM
Francis

Thought I would give this one a try.<BR> <BR>Have heard that La Bastide de Moustiers is a beautiful facility, but this is located in the hills above Nice.<BR>Website: http://bastide-moustiers.com/<BR>Happy anniversary!<BR>Francie