Reload this Page >

Provence restaurant suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Marc

I will be in Provence in mid-may and will be staying near St. Remy de Provence. Does anyone have good restaurant suggestions in varying price ranges? Thanks

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 03:23 PM
pam

Hi Marc. I will be there in July. The two "tips" I received from a fellow fodorite were for "Bistro des Alpilles" and "Jardin de Frederic". There are many sites for tourism to St. Remy where I am certain you could find other suggestions.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Sue

Hi,<BR><BR>Patricia Wells lives in Paris and Provence and she is a food writer, I think for the Hearld Tribuine. She has several books on Paris and Provence restaurant. Look her up in the book store or library. Enjoy!!

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 01:01 AM
PB

There seem to be more posting problems on this site...<BR><BR>I tried to post a reply with a list of restaurants in this area (I live near St. Remy) but it doesn't appear. If you would like to email me, I"ll be happy to send it to you by email.<BR><BR>My apologies if the list does show up here twice, since that's how many time I tried to post it !<BR><BR>PB

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Anthony

Marc,<BR><BR>We visit St. Remy each year. Near Noves is an auberge, Domaine de Bournissac with a restaurant called "La Maison". We dined there outdoors last July and had a truly superb meal.It is about 10 kms from St. Remy.<BR><BR>In St. Remy we like "Gousse d'Ail". It is a small restaurant. Tjebbe is the proprietor, chef and cordial linguist. On Thurday nights he has "Jazz Night" which is excellent. "La Source" in St. Remy is very good particularly if you can dine outside in the garden.<BR><BR>Near Gordes is the "Mas Toureton". This is about 50 kms from St. Remy. It is another place where the outdoor dining is most enjoyable.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Dick W

Don't miss Le Bistro du Paradou just 15 minutes south of St Remy over the Alpilles to Paradou. Have lunch on Friday. Uh la la!!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 01:50 PM
maureen

Hands down - Jardin de Frederic in the center of St Remy. The owner is an artist & chef. She painted the menu covers and her works are displayed in the charming rooms. One wondeful course after another. Great music & atmosphere. One of the best meals I had in Europe. We brought our dog on the trip with us and this was the only place that offered him a bowl of water & a snack. His favorite place too Have a wonderful time!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Monica

Hi Marc,<BR><BR>When will you be in Saint Remy? My cousin and I will be there for 4 nights 12-15th, then Avignon for 3 nights. Philippe, the owner of Les Sources where we'll be staying is setting up an evening for dinner. We're up to about 8-10 people, including Patricia who lives nearby. If interested in joining the group for dinner (on the 15th), let me know!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Sue

In Isle sur la Sorgue, the Mas de la Cure Bourse.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Tom McClelland

Le Bistro du Paradou! It is a lunch only bistro just south of St. Remy and it gets raves from Peter Mayle and others. Go before noon to get a seat. Local gather here.<BR>I am among the ones who will be in St. Remy on May 15th, staying at Les Sources, and dining out as a group. We will be playing boules in the late afternoon at our B&B. Philippe is our host and boules coach.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:27 PM
mimi taylor

I'll second Anthony's La Maison, Pam's Bistro des Alpilles Loved the mas de toureton(Elizebeth B. one of the best woman chefs in Provence-pick up her cookbook there)And the mas de cure Bourse that Sue mentions is also a wonderful place to stay as well as experiencing the excellamnt cooking of Mde Pons. And Tom, the bistro de Paradou has always served dinner, and on friday only the grand aioli is the nights offering.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:53 PM
Lori

Les Baux is just down the road from St Remy and I'd highly recommend Oustau de Baumaniere. They also have a less expensive restaurant down the road which I think is called Cabro d'Or.

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:27 AM
Maren

We just returned from a stay in St Remy. One of our best meals was at Laserre, recommended by PB. We dined in a courtyard full of greenery (closed roof due to cold weather)and our meal, was under $70 for two and included 3 courses, wine and an aperatif. Reservations are necessary as it is very small.<BR><BR>For about $50 for two, we ate at La Decouverte, a more casual restaurant with less refined cooking, but nonetheless a good meal. It was on one of the main streets circling the old part of St Remy, and Laserre was down a side street from La Decouverte.<BR><BR>