Andalusian train fares

May 26th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Original Poster

Andalusian train fares

I am just in the first stages of a trip to southern Spain in May 2008. I was on the Renfe site where I tried to register to get more information especially about fares (I think they are quite varied as to class and time of day,etc). Anyway I was stumped when they wanted a N.I.F which was required.
So any help on this or help in getting an idea on point to point fares is welcome. As an example a 10 AM AVE train from Sevilla to Cordoba would be how many euros for middle class?
May 27th, 2007, 04:37 AM

Use the English section and enter your passport number, minus the last one. It seems to work. A NIF is for those of us who live in Spain.
You seem to have found your way around the site of so as to the cost you should be able to ascertain that.

Ian and Irene
May 27th, 2007, 08:49 AM

You'll need to register only when you are ready to purchase the ticket, using the advice Ian and Irene gave you, using the English language web page. But all you need to do to check the price of a ticket (current prices only) and schedule is to enter your departure and destinations, without entering the travel date.

You will be unable to purchase a ticket until the schedule is posted, and usually not more than 60 days before your outbound travel date.
May 27th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies and info. I'm not sure why I was unable to get the fares last night. It was straight forward today. I even did it in Spanish.
Are there any caveats to taking the Andalusian Express?
May 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM

Read today's New York Times' "Aboard the Andalusian Express" in the travel section or on-line. Just type in Andalusian Express in Google.