Amsterdam ticket help

Search

Amsterdam ticket help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amsterdam ticket help

Does anyone have a source [web,e-mail] for online purchase of tickets to the Van Gogh museum?
Have tried the VVV and VVV Amsterdam Tourist Office, as well as AUB sites but can't quite get it right and the French/Dutch does present a few problems in following the directions. Looking to buy tickets before I leave to the just opening Gogh Modern show.
Am excited and afraid we will miss a chance in a life time as this is the 150th Anniversary show.
Thanks
.b
Thanks
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 12:11 AM

Try this link: http://www2.holland.com/vangogh/gb/
By the way, there is also a special exhibition at the Kroller Moller Museum. This is in National Park de Hoge Veluwe; that would be about an hour or hour and a half from Amsterdam, but well worth the visit.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 03:24 AM

If you're staying at hotel there, have you tried them? I know that the one I stayed in last month, you could get tickets at the front desk for regular days - not sure about special exhibits.

Have you called the museum itself? Or faxed them?
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 05:40 AM

CelticDreams is right. Ask your hotel if they recommend advance tickets, which I doubt you'll need because the Van Gogh always plans for walk-up business. Watch for added fees--I'm aware that some of the better hotels add unreasonable "handling" fees.
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

thanks....tried the website earlier and it is terrific but not a source of ticket sales. The Kroller-Muller show is pretty exciting also. I guess I am entirely too used to The American Buy NOW ONLINE! mentality.....
am calling the hotel and packing~
thanks
Old Jun 21st, 2003, 08:39 AM

If you have time to go to the Kroller Moller; do! Mrs Kroller Moller was a patron of the arts, and also build an amazing house on the same site. It is all within the national park. What you do when you arrive, is take a free white bicycle (you pay an entry fee for the park) and cycle to the museum, house, and anywhere else you want to go.