Amsterdam Ajax

Apr 18th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Amsterdam Ajax

I'm traveling to Amsterdam in mid-May, and would like to catch a football (soccer for us Americans) game. Does anyone have any ideas of cost, where to get tickets, suggestions, tips, etc? I know you can purchase packages through Ajax's website that includes a tour of the arena, food, drink, etc, but it seems really overpriced. Besides, I'm not into all of the extras, I really just want to see the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:48 PM

I'm not totally positive about this but I think that the season will be over by mid-May. Perhaps there may be some cup ties but again I don't think so.
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:58 PM

There is a game on 18 May: Ajax - De Graafschap in the Arena Stadium. However, to buy a ticket for an Ajax game you need a personal "club card".
See: http://english.ajax.nl/ and
http://www.ticketbox.nl/voetbal/
That's why they have those packages for foreign tourists.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:05 AM

I recently was on the US supporters club for Ajax, and they said that you don't need this card to get a ticket. They also said that many people in Amsterdam believe that every match is sold out, but that they rarely are. Usually, according to the site, you can walk up on match day and buy a ticket from the stadium.

I don't have the web address for that site, but just search for Ajax U.S. supporters.
Jun 23rd, 2003, 07:06 AM

Whoops. Just saw this was an old message. It's still early in the morning for me.