Amsterdam Hotel near train station

Dec 20th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Amsterdam Hotel near train station

Spending one short night in Amsterdam .Looking for hotel near city center that I can take
the train the next morning to the airport. Thanks in advance!
Dec 20th, 2010, 01:31 PM

Logical suggestion would be Movenpick Hotel not far away on the coast.
Bill in Boston
Dec 20th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Great location 10 min walk from station of just two sort blocks to tram to station. Central to everything quirky old hotel with great breakfast price is right 60e night.
http://www.hotelbrouwer.nl/roomseng.html
Dec 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM

How about the IBIS hotel right on platform 1? Hop out of hotel and onto train.

Ibishotels.com or www.accorhotels.com
Dec 20th, 2010, 01:37 PM

The Movenpick is behind the station, away from the centre, on a canal, not the coast (which is a long way from Amsterdam ). It is convenient if you are taking a cruise but probably not for what you want.

If you want to be near the centre as well I would look for a hotel in the Jordaan, which is only a short walk from the station, and a nicer area to stay than around the station itself.

Alternatively, especially if you are flying out fairly early, book a hotel at Schiphol - there are several actually at the airport, and get the train in to the centre and return back to your hotel in the evening so you are right there for your morning flight - saves the risk of train problems in the morning and gives you a bit longer in the morning to sort yourself out.
Dec 20th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Right, canal not coast. But OK cruise or no I would think.
Bill inb Boston
Dec 20th, 2010, 05:21 PM

You can see the Hotel Victoria from the train station. The Dam, heart of Amsterdam, is a 10 minute walk on the city's major boulevard, the Damrak.
Dec 21st, 2010, 12:01 PM

I have stayed at Schiphol area hotels - there is an Ibis and an Ibis-lite next door, an ETAP - nice rooms but cheaper than more fanciet Ibis - frequent shuttle buses right to terminals. I think rates are cheaper than in town and you are at the airport in the morning. To faciliate transfers you can check your heavy luggage in the left luggage at the airport and just hop the shuttle bus to the hotel and of course hop the airport trains into town for the day and night.
Dec 21st, 2010, 04:17 PM

Hotel Avenue is under a 10 minute walk from centrale station, and reasonably priced. I’d stay there again if I was looking to stay in that area.
Dec 21st, 2010, 08:05 PM

Another vote for the Hotel Brouwer. Very nice place to stay.
Dec 21st, 2010, 09:34 PM

I also vote for Hotel Brouwer! Very small hotel with a great price within walking distance to the train station. This hotel encapsulates why I have gone to Amsterdam in the past and why I will return! Love the ambience, people are friendly, like the breakfast room, like the location, love the price!