Ibis Amsterdam Westcorner Hotel

Old Aug 5th, 2004, 12:13 PM
kat
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ibis Amsterdam Westcorner Hotel

I'm hoping someone can help me with location details as I am not familiar with Amsterdam at all. This hotel recently opened in March and they have a very good rate for when I'll be in Amsterdam. (Nov) The hotel site shows it as being off Exit S102 (Westpoort) off the A10. Is anyone able to
tell me if this location is too far from the City Centre? Would it be hard to get to/from as far as public transportation? Thanks!
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:30 PM

That exit is maybe 500 meters from Station Sloterdijk. From Station Sloterdijk you can take the regular NS train into Amsterdam Centraal Station, a tram which skirts the city center (but intersects with many other trams), or a metro line which more or less bypasses the whole city. The hotel is certainly not in a prime walking neighborhood. Why don't you call them up and see if they have a courtesy bus to the Dam Square?

Do you know that there is an Ibis right at Centraal Station, though it is more expensive than the one you are cnsidering.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:40 PM

You should check with the hotel. According to www.mappy.com, it looks to be about 4 km from Centraal. I saw some website that said it was a 10-minute ride on public transportation to the 'centre'. There should be a bus or tram in the area.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 08:58 PM

Hey Kat:

Public transportation is not bad from the hotel. It's a couple of long blocks to the Isolatorweg Metro stop where you can take the Metro 1 stop to station Sloterdijk and transfer to an Amsterdam CS train where the next stop is Amsterdam Centraal Station.

This is good from roughly 6AM to midnight with a little later start Saturday and Sunday mornings. After midnight I'd take a taxi from the Centrum.

If you have any kind of Amsterdam map follow the train tracks West (left) from Centraal Station to where the 2 branch lines cross the A10 road. The hotel is between the 2 lines about 0.50 km East from the A10.
Old Aug 6th, 2004, 07:41 AM

Hey Kat:

Here's even better transportation between the hotel and Centraal Station.

The #48 bus runs along Transformatorweg and goes to Centraal Station although this lines only runs from roughly 6AM to 6PM Monday thru Friday.

If you go to http://www.gvb.nl/engels/default.htm and click on travel info then Central Station area you'll see the 48 bus stop on Prins Hendrikkade in front of the station.
Old Aug 9th, 2004, 05:16 AM
kat
Original Poster

Thank you Hopscotch, Travelnut & Larry! I appreciate your help.
-Kat