Reload this Page >

American/Iberia flights from O'Hare

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 09:29 PM
lyn

Does anyone have a current review of the flight from Chicago to Madrid via American & Iberia? I haven't read much good about it, but that's what we are taking...Also, how does it work with them not giving seat assignments in advance, yikes? I hate the mob scene at Southwest so I can't imagine what this is like. Thanks for any info!

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:56 AM
cooter

I took this flight in December, so it is not the most current, but here it is. There were two adults travelling.<BR><BR>I think we did have seat assignments. I can't remember it being an issue, so we must have had them. What they did not do was board in any sort of order, except for letting first/business class on first. Everything else was all together, which made for some congestion. Flight was about 1/2 hour late taking off.<BR><BR>Service was about standard, although the flight attendents did not come by very regularly. You went to the galley in the back for drinks. Announcements, either from the F/As or flight crew, were fine in Spanish, poor in English.<BR>Plane was the big Airubus (A330?), and looked a little rough. Seats were standard (ie, horribly cramped), no individual screens, movie audio had problems, food was actually decent. Good wine. Flight was rough almost the whole way. <BR><BR>We landed more or less on time at Barajas, and our luggage arrived fine. So, all in all, an average experience. Considering the price we got, I would do it again. Please note that, while it is an American Airlines codeshare, the plane and crew are all Iberia.<BR>

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:34 PM
lyn

Cooter - Thanks for letting us know that we can expect a reasonable experience. I guess coach is coach, they're all cramped.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 05:00 PM
xxx

Took this flight in March. I'll second the opinion that the plane looked a little rough. Service was fine, however. <BR><BR>Hope you enjoy Ray Conniff doing "Harbor Lights". You'll hear it again and again and again.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Ron

Lyn, I flew Chicago to Malaga two years Ago with Iberia. NEVER AGAIN!!! The return flight from Malaga to Madrid was delayed by Iberia. We were promised the flight from Madrid to Chicago would not leave without us. It did. Iberia insisted we would have to leave the next day , as no other flights were leaving to the U.S. that day. That was the second lie. After a hour and a half , of arguing, they found flights. Mine was througl london. They Said there were no connecting flights to my final destination, BWI. Lie #3. When I got to London, I booked the last leg of my trip , at my own expense. They refused compensation . I would never fly Iberia again. Ron

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:25 PM
lyn

Ugh!! We are flying home from Rome on AA, and I'm hoping the anticipation of our vacation will be enough to overcome any problems on the flight over. Thanks for the heads up...