Reload this Page >

May2002 Spain: Andalucia Report

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Becky

http://www.geocities.com/beckonbecky/Spain2002.html<BR><BR>I am proud to have finally completed our trip report for our May 2002 trip to Madrid, Sevilla, Ronda, Nerja and Granada. I have created a website above with DETAILED...VERY DETAILED INFO and pictures, info, etc.<BR><BR>Thank you fodorites for all of your helpful information. I hope this might help others in the future!

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Kavey

I just visited and the hit counter shows 0001. Am I really the first?<BR><BRBR><BR>It's a lovely page. Thanks for sharing.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Diane

I didn't see a trip counter, Kavey, but like you, I found this website to be really good. I sent my daughter the link, as she and her friends would love to make a trip like this.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Judi

Good job, Becky! And you should be proud of your detailed report; that was a lot of work.<BR><BR>I am so glad that you liked Nerja. You and I have had several email discussions and I would have hated for you to be disappointed after all my raves about it. It is my favorite town in Spain as well.<BR><BR>It sounds like you had a well planned and successful trip. <BR>

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:06 AM
Fae

Thanks a lot for the great report Becky!<BR><BR>I may reconsider going to Ronda w/ such limited time now. <BR><BR>Since you just got back & I'm leaving this weekend, are wearing shorts as "touristy" as wearing sneakers?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Becky

Thanks everyone! I just wanted to offer some small bit of advice like other fodorites have given me.<BR><BR>Judi--your advice was invaluable! We loved Nerja...I just haven't had a moment to tell you. We will be going back to this place again in the future I'm sure!<BR><BR>Fae-- Hate to say it but shorts are touristy anywhere except the beach (or so we thought). Sorry...but we found that to be the case. Skirts, skorts and capris are much more acceptable. We took black matte jersey pants and skirts, they don't wrinkle and can dress up and down easily. We also took linen skirts. Those cute little bias cut skirts are very popular right now. We found clothes to be very tight. Lots of belts and cute shoes. <BR><BR>I just remember one thing I read "When you go to touristy places (museums, famous monuments, palaces, etc.) you are obviously a tourist so it's alright to look like one then. Just don't keep the look when you are trying to fit in with the local population for dinner or other non-touristy things."<BR><BR>Diane--encourage your daughter to travel. We found Spain to be very female friendly. We never felt unsafe. Travel was easy and smooth.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:01 PM
topping

Good information on Andalucia....

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Jade

Good info Becky.<BR>Thanks for that, I enjoyed it!