Amara Wing Resort - Kemer, Antalya, Turkey

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking at staying at the Amara Wing Resort in Kemer for 10 days in June and are looking for a good deal. Does anyone have any advise on an inexpensive way to book a room? Thanks
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 12:44 AM

do you want to book the hotel directly or flights and hotel with a travel agency ??? Most of these hotels cater to package holiday makers...

any reason you choose this area ??? or are you looking for a quiet resort in Turkey ??
Old Mar 6th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

I just need the hotel. I already have my flights booked. I chose this areas because I hav eheard nice things about it. I am looking for a quality hotel on a nice beach in a quaint village. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 07:14 AM

If you have already booked tickets then you will be arriving at the Antalya airport..

you write '' I am looking for a quality hotel on a nice beach in a quaint village.''

As you are right the area around Kemer is very lovely with stunning views and mountains..however Kemer is just a typical resort town and most of these larger hotels have restricted the access to the beach..little remains of the once public beach..

however just 30 minutes away is the small village of Cirali..this is also where the turkish locals go to escape the crowds of Antalya and large resorts..

If you want to see a place were time has stood still in Turkey and experience what Turkey used to be like about 15 to 20 yrs ago before the influx of all-inclusive and package holidays of the last decade, then Cirali is the place for this..

Cirali is a great little village, nice clean beach and a mix of sand and pebbles, ruins of Olympos and the flames of "Chimaera" the world's oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame".

No mass tourism or 5 star sprawling hotels. Just nice family owned small boutique hotels and pansiyons. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. It can be too quiet for some if you are looking for more in the way of nightlife..

my photos ;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

for more info about this area have a look in google or in Trip Advisor

however if you are looking for a spa / deluxe hotel like the Amara you wont find that in Cirali..you must look at the larger resorts.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 06:26 AM

Toby,
Where did you end up staying? How did you like it?
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 07:47 AM

Interesting about Cirali.

We found Antalya to be a bit too much of a resort city. But after a week on the road we decided we wanted one night stay at a nice hotel and went to the Sheraton fro one night. Nice rooms, view over ocean, pool with bar and restaurant service...idyll..until we got the bill.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 09:00 AM

Michel,
What surprises were on the bill?
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM

My SIL told myself and my brother to find a nice place to stay, so we went for a drive. Saw Sheraton, lovely place, got quote from desk which we understood to be $US200 for two rooms (seven of us). Super, check-in, poolside pleasure...and then on check-out we get the bill explained it is US$200 per person per room, but kids can stay free...so each room cost us over US$400...oops,male brain cramp. SIL was not too happy, we had been paying about L50-L100 a night till then...but it was a treat, and the kids saw a teen star. Restaurant was so-so, pool side food was good.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM

Im glad you still had a good time. We are taking a cruise this spring and we want to spend a few days in Kemer afterwards. We will probably end up at an Amara type resort. My TA rec's 'Orange County Resort.'
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
try the Club Med Kemer. In terms of sports, food, evening fun, scenic beauty, it is definitely the best holiday village on the whole Turkish Med coast, if you do not have kids younger than 17.

with smaller kids, go to the Club Med Palmiye, also 3 miles from kemer. has excellent mini club and junior club. My daughter did trapeze there ten years ago and loved it also learned archery, wind surf, catamaran. food and sports as good as Kemer CM, and has much larger grounds. It is not as scenic and is much more family oriented, but the hotel lodging gets a higher star rating than bungalows. Also two pools and multiple restaurants.

by the way I agree with Michel on Antalya and the sheraton on all points. Food definitely better at Club Med though.

I think both are AI. Both have cosmopolitan clintelle. All the GO's speak English. The reception can sometimes be maddening but they have so many plusses that I have been going to them almost every year since 1974 (my wife joined in 1979 on our honeymoon, and the kids since they were 3 years old). (Kemer Club Med was Valtur, then)