Amalfi Water Views

Search

Amalfi Water Views

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amalfi Water Views

Staying at Hotel Floridiana in Amalfi. I understand there are no views from the hotel. How easy is it to walk to a view to enjoy for coffee or wine? Is there a promenade? I anticipate many views from busing and hiking we will be doing but am looking more for a walk down the street type of thing.

As always, thanks for taking the time!
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 08:45 AM

Have a look at Google maps and select the Streetview option -there isn't a comprehensive coverage but adequate enough. Amalfi isn't a big place, so it will only be a few minutes walk down to the seafront.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 09:52 AM

Less than :05 to the water with several places to eat.
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:24 AM

There is a line of beachfront restaurants on the Amalfi Drive where you can either eat or have a drink inside, on the terrace, or at rental beach chairs on the sand in front of each restaurant.

You should also not miss the Pansa bakery on the main piazza in Amalfi. Quite famous, for good reason. No view but essential. http://www.pasticceriapansa.it/
Old Mar 31st, 2011, 11:53 AM

Cindyjo:
As always,I agree with the postings of Bobthe navigator and ekscrunchy,real experts.
Just to add something from my experience,you can have joy at the promenade,by buying some sweets or a gelato from pasticceria Savoia,just on the passage from the promenade towards the main piazza.I still have dreams about all their specialties.
This link to a TA (now inactive) forum,will give some opinions on Savoia and Pansa; and a good bakery and pasticceria in Minori; a possible half day trip from Amalfi.
http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-..._Campania.html
I am sure you will enjoy your stay.Don't worry about distances in Amalfi,you are always near everything.