Alhambra tickets bought: now a few more questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOOOOOHOOOO!!! ticketmaster system worked perfect (and in English! - mostly). 3 tickets bought for early October. 11:30 entry to Nasrid.

Now, please indulge me a few other questions:

1. Lunch: Am I correct that we can purchase lunch within the Alhambra? Is it a fancy sit-down affair or is there a place that can supply us with a few sandwiches, etc.
2. A friend mentioned that years ago she heard a concert at night there. I was wondering if it is worth purchasing next night tickets for that reason but not sure where or if there is a schedule of such things.
3. How much are the audio guides and they are paid for at the entrance??

4. totally not Alhambra: recommendations for a good Flamenco venue in Granada?

Thanks!

bean
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 01:23 PM

I can't speak definitively about food options, but I believe the parador has a restaurant and that there is a cafe/snack bar in the same general area. We brought some sandwiches in and just picnicked.

We picked up an audio guide just outside the Nasrid Palace. We entered though the nearby Gates of Justice. I would assume that audio guides are also available at the main entrance. You pay (I think) 5 Euros and must also leave a credit card number as a deposit. I personally didn't care for the guide myself, but that may be a reflection of my own personal preferences.

I don't know how regularly they offer music at night. If they do, I tend to think it might be a summer thing. Your best source of info is the Alhambra's official website, www.alhambra-patronato.es.

Hopefully, Kimhe will chime in regarding flamenco. He's our resident expert. If not, you might start a separate thread with flamenco on the title.
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 01:34 PM

it was not clear where to pick up the pre-ordered online tickets. There was a line for reserved tickets to go to a window. you do NOT WANT THAT LINE. there are kiosks behind the gift shop where you get your tickets with your locator number. It was not clear and even the security guard was putting everyone in that line who had bought on internet.

If there is a function at night your entrance fee will be included in the ticket for the concert, etc.
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 01:47 PM

We picked our tickets up the day before at the Caixa ATM on Gran Via.
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 02:00 PM

The Festival of Music andDance runs from June 23 to July 14. Check the website.
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 02:46 PM

@Bedar, they're visiting in October.
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

yes...we are there late Sept/early October. thanks everyone.
Old Jul 3rd, 2017, 09:50 PM

For flamenco, you should go to Casa del Arte Flamenco in the Cuesta de Gomérez leading up to Alhambra. New venue, but only the best and very often Granada based artists perform here. https://www.casadelarteflamenco.com/es/

22 year old local girl Alba Heredia won the most prestigious flamenco dance prize last year, and she's dancing here frequently. She made her definitive breakthrough in the Jerez festival a few months ago: https://www.deflamenco.com/revista/r...e-jerez-1.html

Also fabulous artists in emblematic Paña La Platería, one of the oldest flamenco clubs in the country, but performances only on Thursdays and some Saturdays:
http://www.laplateria.org.es/
https://www.facebook.com/plateriaflamenco
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 05:15 AM

#1 Other than the Parador, Hotel America also do light lunches. There are a few restaurants nearby. Other than that, within the complex they sell sandwiches from vending machines and snacks from a kiosk bar outside the Alcazaba.
#3 Audio guide costs 6 euro. You can hire (against credit card or driving licence) from near the main ticket office, or just inside Carlos V Palace.
#4 I can endorse Casa del Arte Flamenco. A small, intimate venue, so get there about 30 min early to bag the front-row seat. Flamenco was as exciting as any I've seen.
Old Jul 4th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

thanks kimhe! So glad you saw the post. Thanks alec also.